chapter 70: wow chapter 70

natalia

it's been a whole week since bucky came back. i can't even bare calling him james, it pains me but it's for his own good. he doesn't snap anymore and doesn't hear 'the voice' so that's good.

...right?

i think i fucked up. big time. i should've helped him remember me. i sit on the carpet in my room, i'm not coming out until i feel fine. i take deep breaths and try to come to terms with the fact that he's never going to remember me and i should just stop thinking about him. i need fun, i need to enjoy life. i decide that i should have a fun night at the bar, i'll go with clint and do my makeup. i'll dress nice too and get drunk with clint like we used to for fun. i reach out for my phone on my bed and text clint.

natasha😘
we're having fun today, dude.

clint😎
we are? sweets?

natasha😘
no, alcohol and we're having fun at the bar.

clint😎
yay! time?

natasha😘
9pm, don't be late or else.

clint😎
i'll be there at 8:59 sharp 🙂.

great, now to get ready. it's 8:15 so i have some time to get ready and-

knock knock.

"come in!" i say as i pull myself up from the ground and stand facing towards the door with my arms crossed.

in comes...bucky. i release a quiet sigh so he doesn't hear. he looks at me with an unusual expression.

"why did clint tell us you're going to get drunk together at this time...?" he asks me in concern.

"why do you care? we're just going to have fun." i shrug as he closes the door.

i roll my eyes and go over to my mirror, i pull out earrings from my drawer and put them on. i hear his footsteps shuffle towards me when i stare at my reflection to avoid making eye contact with him through the mirror. i do my hair and put on some red lipstick.

"...you seem so familiar and i don't know why." he breathes from behind me.

"i-i do?" i frown at my reflection.

"yeah...anyway i'll let you get ready." he turns around and is about to head for the door. "but be careful and don't talk to strangers." he frowns at me as he leaves my room.

...what was that? does he care about me? i'm familiar to him, that's not good. i let out a shaky breath that i didn't even realise i was holding in when he was around me. i need to snap out of it. i huff and take out a tight, black dress and put it on. i look in the mirror and at the same time, there's a text notification coming from my phone. i open it.

bucky❄️

if you're in any trouble, call me!

natasha😘
i don't need a babysitter, barnes. i'm with clint.

i scoff and put my phone away, ignoring any more text messages he sends. i'm leaving my phone here. i pat my dress and head out of the door, i'm not taking any weapons. i'll be safe with clint. i take the lift out.

i end up seeing clint outside, he yawns as he scrolls through his phone. i frown at him.

"you know, it's 8:50 and it takes 20 minutes to get there." i creep up to him and hiss in his ear.

"ahh! nat don't do that!" he yells and jumps away from me, i laugh at him.

"let's go." i give him a smiles as we hop into a car, he turns on the car and drives to the bar.

time skip

"that was the longest drive ever, i would expect someone like you to drive at least a bit faster than steve." i groan at him as we enter the bar.

"safety first." he shrugs as we walk in.

"that's coming from you? clint?" i giggle as i sit down on a chair.

"yeah, yeah. i need the bathroom, i'll be back." he scoffs at me then winks when he walks away. "be careful!" i hear him yell at me and i roll my eyes.

be careful, be careful from what? i'm a highly trained assassin who can beat anyone's ass.

"hey there, mrs." a good looking man sits next to me as i stare at him in awe.

"hey." i reply to him.

"what's your name." he grins at me before i ask the bartender for a drink.

"natasha." i simply tell him then motion for the bartender to come here.

"vodka please." i say as the bartender nods.

"natasha eh? love that." he chuckles as i get my vodka and drink a shot.

"another please." i ask the bartender as he nods again.

"another? d-"

"i'm russian." i cut him off.

"that explains it, another one for the miss, please." the man asks the bartender with a smirk on his face.

"what's your name?" i ask him as he looks at me, he stares into my eyes.

"jamie." he smiles at me as he takes the vodka from the bartender.

"nice to meet you." i say then turn to clint walking towards us.

"hey, clint." i wave at him, he looks bored.

"this is boring, i'm playing pool." he shrugs and walks away from us in boredom.

"here you go, ma." he passes it to me and i drink it down in one go, his face has mischief written all over it.

the song changes and i see jamie's face light up like a child's face on christmas. i arch a brow at him as he gives me a wide grin. weirdo.

"i like this song, may i have this dance?" he stands up and offers me a hand.

just to be clear i do not like or have feelings for this dude. i'm bored and he just turned up so why can't i have fun?

"sure." i smile and take his hand and step onto the floor.

as we dance, i began to feel light headed, i feel my heart beating faster and faster as he gives me a devilish smirk. i then realise what was in that vodka he passed to me...i try to reach out to clint for help, who is playing pool, but i can't speak to him, i can't find words. all i can feel is dizziness and can hardly see through my blurry vision.

"let's go outside, you look like you need some air..." i hear jamie's voice but i don't know where it's coming from until i feel an arm wrap around my waist and pull me.

i feel him drag me by my waist and i know we're outside once i feel the wind hit my face.

"don't make me hurt you." i hiss at him, i can see a grin on his face through my blurry vision.

"i don't think you're in a position to threaten me...do you?" he asks me in a sly tone as he backs me up against the wall.

i'm weak. i can't fight him, even when i feel him kissing my neck. i try to kick him but i have no idea what i'm doing. i should've listened to james, why the fuck does he always have to be right, even when he doesn't remember me?

"get the fuck away from her before i kill you." i hear someone growl in a deep voice then feel someone rip him off of me, they throw him against the wall.

before i can collapse to the ground, the person who threw jamie against the wall catches me with his arms. i feel cold metal brush against my arm when i realise that it's him. i inhale his cologne which makes me feel safe.

"are you okay, nat?" is the last thing i hear before complete darkness.