chapter 64

james' pov

"fuck..." i groan as i pull myself out of bed.

i check the time, damn it's 11:40 am. so why the fuck did no one wake me up? assholes.

except my natalia.

speaking of natalia, i wonder where my doll is?

i want some fun.

i feel a sharp pain in my head and i hiss as i get to the door. i need to ignore him, i can't let him get to nat, i want to protect her at all costs.

even if it means hurting myself.

"james?" i hear nat call from outside my door.

shit! this isn't going to end well, is it?

"don't come in!"

i hiss as i stub my toe on the closet, great. now i'm going to be even more angry. i feel weird.

let her in!!

god i can't deal with this.

"...i'm coming in whether you like it or not." she opens the door and i force myself to push the voice away.

"hey..." i awkwardly greet her.

"none of that 'hey' bullshit, what's happening?" she frowns at me.

"nothing, why'd you ask?" i cross my arms.

"because this is the longest you've ever slept, you also tell me how unhealthy it is for me to wake up late when you're doing it now?" she stares at me in confusion then takes a step towards me.

hail hydra...must go back...

i don't answer her, all i can do is freeze and stare at her. hydra...god no. i can't go back. she bites her lip which shows that she's worried. she should be, this is not going to end well and she knows it.

"leave, natalia. you know this won't end well."

"i want to help you-"

"well you're not fucking helping by standing right in front of me, are you?! you never fucking listen to me, just go!" i kick the desk out of anger which makes her flinch.

"no, and stop yelling at me!" she yells back at
me. why does she have to be so stubborn?

"how else am i supposed to get it into your thick mind that i can't be near you? i'm dangerous and you're not helping!" i shout at her and scoff.

"no you're not-"

"yes i am!"

she sighs in defeat then sits on the bed, she gives me a smirk and i pinch my nose bridge.

"what are you doing?"

"i'm just...having fun. i'm staying." she shrugs.

i can't have any more of this, i force myself to drag her by her arm and push her out of my room, she looks offended but it's for her own safety. before i slam the door in her face, her expression is full of hurt. she'll get over it.

better that than killing her.

nat's pov

i wake up from my nap in my room to see my door open, someone's there. i yawn and ignore it, it's probably just james. i instantly regret ignoring whoever just came in when i feel a sharp pain in my shoulder, i scream but the sound is muffled when i feel a hand over my mouth. it's him...

the winter soldier

he's here to finally end me. i sit up and glance at my shoulder, he stabbed a knife in my shoulder! what the fuck?

"what the fuck!?" i yell at him and push him away but regret it when i see him in his uniform, mask and goggles.

my heart skips a beat, i shouldn't of annoyed him. i hiss in pain when i stand up right in front of him, i decide to not touch the knife just in case i do any more damage to myself.

"hydra." i hear him mumble under his breath.

i don't want to bleed to death, i didn't go through pain, training and trauma to die from blood loss but i can't fight him. not in this state, it's the winter soldier for hell's sake.

"i'm gonna die, aren't i?" i sigh as he glares at me through his goggles.

he then pulls out a needle and injects me with a substance, my eyes widen as he does and before i can do anything, i drop to the floor. i slowly loose conscious and my lights go out. the last thing i see are heavy, black boots walking towards me.

some time later

where am i? i slowly open my eyes and look down, the winter soldier is carrying me on his shoulder. i kick him in the stomach but that doesn't help my situation. he doesn't even respond. i then realise where we're going, he's going to take us to a local hydra base.

"ja-james! listen to me! you need to snap out of it, now! fuck!" i yell at him hysterically but he doesn't even look at me.

i then look at my shoulder, it's stitched up?

"what the fuck is going on...?" i mutter as we go down the streets.

i try everything to jump out of his grasp but all fails. i'm done for. there's no hope left for me.

oh noo cliff hanger :(((