Chapter Sixteen: Love in Manhattan

Start from the beginning

A few months ago it wouldn't have bothered me, but in my current situation and the recent turn of events, I had built a hatred for Justin. He had ruined so many aspects in my life, all because of his burning passion for money and desperate need to secure Logan's future in their family's company.

"I just got a hired as the new French teacher," he responded, proudly.

"We only have three weeks left of school, before summer vacation starts," I said, annoyed but frighten all at once.

Justin smiled. "Well, it's going to be an interesting three weeks. Isn't it?"

I didn't respond. Logan's blonde hair was clear in the crowd of students walking in my direction. His blue eyes lit up as they caught a glimpse of my face.

"Ah, I see my little message didn't get to you," Justin said as he looked in the same direction I was looking in.

Anger arose in me, which caused Justin to smirk even further. He lowered his lips to my ear and whispered: "Now, Chelsea, you don't want to get expelled for slapping a teacher, do you?"

He backed off with an eyebrow raised, questioning and pleading me to slap him and get myself expelled. Much to his surprise, I shook my head.

"Well, see you in French class," he whispered walking away right before Logan reached me.

"Was that Justin?" he asked, his eyebrows frowning in confusion.

"Yeah, he's our new French teacher," I said, placing my hand in his. Logan's eyes dropped to our intertwined hands and smiled, completely forgetting about his cousin's presence.

"I really enjoyed the show we pulled off this morning," he said.

"I'm still shocked you did it," I replied. "I thought you wanted to keep us private."

"I did," he sighed, "But then I saw you walking up those steps alone and just thought to myself kiss her."

"And you did," I said, a small smile forming on my lips. I was happy, but couldn't shake the feeling that I was being watched.

"Maybe we should give everyone an encore performance," Logan whispered against my lips. I looked around at the dozens pair of eyes staring at us. Putting on a show would declare our relationship official and not a sign of desperation, but instead a sign of superiority. After all, Logan and I were considered the most "popular" kids in our school.

Dating each other heighten our authority and superiority over the rest of the student body. I smiled as I realized the brilliant investment I had made finally deciding to date Logan.

Unaware of the hazel eyes intensely watching me, my lips met Logan's and for the first time in a long time, a feeling arose within the depth of my heart, making me snap back and running away from a confused Logan and curious crowd.

Kissing Logan again finally made me recognize the feeling I had failed to acknowledge since the first time I saw him.

I was in love and that frighten me.

------------------------

Embarrassed and afraid to face Logan, I hid in the astronomy bathrooms for the rest of the day. Other than an occasional hook-up, nobody used the astronomy bathrooms mostly due to the numerous ghost stories told or the mere fact the janitor never stocks the stalls with enough toilet paper.

As I stared at my reflection in the mirror for the hundredth time and continued to ignore Logan and Lauren's calls, I heard two people arguing right outside the bathroom's door.

"You should've just killed her instead, now she gets the company and the boy!" a woman hissed.

"I wanted to make her suffer not release her from pain," a man argued. The voices sounded familiar, but I couldn't put faces to them.