"𝐻𝒶𝓋𝑒 𝒜 𝒢𝓇𝑒𝒶𝓉 𝒟𝒶𝓎" 𝒫𝓉.1

The lights flickered in the distance, casting an amber glow on the pale, stone streets. You clenched onto your (f/c) coat, bringing it slightly across your chest. Your hands felt numb from the blistering cold, like small pins poking your (s/c) tips. A sound of what seemed like low growl echoed near, causing you to stop in your tracks. Your eyes looked around for the source of the sound, yet your eyes only met the darkness in the city, the only light emitting from the buildings off in the distance. You decided to ignore it and keep walking down the abandoned street, but yet you found your body is filled to the core with dread. As if the sound could leap at you without a sound, making you feel as though a leaf just flew past you. Every step, your eyes would look from side to side, with such paranoid movement. Adrenaline rushed your veins, your body started to feel warm despite the low temperature in the city. Suddenly, a flash sped by your eyes, not giving you enough time to distinguish what it was. You froze in place, seemingly invisible chains trapped you to the ground, making you unable to move. Slow, steady breathes escaped you, as you looked around you. And then like a cat pouncing on a mouse, you found yourself being pinned to the cold, stone floor by a massive creature, their beady eyes illuminated in the darkness and glared down at you with its sharp gaze. It let out an unsettling growl, it's head twitched with slight violence. Any movement that you made, and you'd be lying in cold crimson blood before you even let out a single foot on the ground. You begged and pleaded for help, yet it felt useless screaming out in the emptiness of the night. Feeling as though your vocal cords were ripped out of you, leaving you mute and vulnerable to the demonic being. And as if someone somehow heard your plea, a shot rang in the air, causing a slight ringing in your ears. The creature fell off of you, hissing in pain as it sprang off down the alley, but before it could escape, another shot, perhaps two, maybe more rang and the creature was on the ground. It twitched and reached out eagerly before it fell motionless. You looked up to see two figures standing in front of you. One of them had their hand extended out towards you, and without taking a moment to think, you grabbed the stranger's hand and they helped you up. "Thank you, thank you!" You joyfully cried, and the person gave you a bright, elegant smile that you could see even in the darkness. "Foolish, foolish, oh you're such a fool. Don't you know about the dangers that lurk out at night? I thought we've prohibited any citizen from traveling outside their shelters." The unknown figure grabbed onto the collar of your civilian attire and you could see his eyes staring at you with a bit of anger. "What were you doing out here anyway?" He demanded, never removing his eyes from yours. You gulped with anxiety, as he waited with such patience for your answer. "I-I was lost, sir" you stuttered a bit but you still felt thankful for them, if they weren't there, you would've been slaughtered with no mercy. Though, to you, it did feel like you were gonna get killed by the man that held your formal suit in a strong, tight grip. Eventually, he released you, causing you to stumble back a bit. "Same excuse that everyone makes. Very well, please follow us" he started to head off, and the other followed suit. You followed behind, making sure to stay close to them as possible. Soon, you reached a residence, it's lights were off inside, leaving it completely dark. The one who helped you back there holding the door open for you, or perhaps for his friend. Either way, you both entered giving him a small nod in thanks. The lights then flickered on, you felt yourself squinting as your eyes took time to adjust to the bright source. "Much better" you looked over and found yourself gaping in disbelief. In front of you, near the light switch stood the supreme leader, Great_Day.