Chapter 41 - Both of You

Start from the beginning

"And what are you going to do?" 

"I am going to have a chat with the baby daddy." Ruby chuckled slightly. "If anyone can talk some sense into her, it's him." 

Olivia returned her smile, slowly nodding her head. 

Aria's POV

Aria's POV

I sat in the waiting room in front of the reception. I took a walk in the ICU and Dom was not there. I didn't know what name he was under and I was not going to risk giving his real name to anybody. So, I decided to wait here until I saw someone I recognized. My leg was throbbing and I couldn't socialize right now. I know that's what everyone would expect from me. Olivia's words took me back 5 years to that night. Those emotions flooded back into my chest and I didn't have the energy for any of it. Why would she do that to me? At some point, I will page the chief to ask her where Dom is but right now I needed time. 

"Aria..." 

I looked up to see Olivia standing there watching me with a gloomy face. 

"Olivia, please, I am not in the mood." I began deflecting the conversation. 

"I'm not here to speak of anything. I came to help you find Dom." 

My gaze shot up from the floor. 

"He has been transferred to a private room by the Chief. I wanted to take you to him?" 

I slowly nodded, trying to lift myself off the chair. Olivia didn't hesitate to come around, placing my arm over her shoulder, and supporting my weight with hers around my midsection. We made our way, slowly, towards the room. When we reached it, I opened the door to see Ruby chatting with Dom. They both stopped and looked at me. Dom's face lit up immediately as he shifted himself further up the bed. Ruby gave him a nod, walking past me with diverted eyes, closing the door behind her. 

I hobbled over to the side of his bed. I tried stabilizing myself on the edge but was thrown off balance when Dom pulled me into him, cupping my face in his hands and connecting out lips. My hands hit flat against his chest trying to steady myself. Realizing his wound was just further down, I tried taking them away, scared of injuring him further. With one hand he grabbed both my wrists and pulled me further into his chest, then wrapping that arm around me to hold me in place. His tongue gained its requested access into my mouth, swirling around my own. I felt his groan reverberating inside as he took my bottom lip in between his teeth and pulled on it. 

Once he pulled back he looked at me for some time. He traced his fingertip across my face, pushing strands of my hair back, feeling my lips, down my neck. For a split second, his gaze shifted further down. He quickly brought it back up and gave me a genuinely happy smile. 

"You look more beautiful than ever right now." He whispered to me with his forehead against mine. 

"Dom, I look like shit. Have you seen the state of my face and neck?" This boy must have some seriously good drugs in that IV line.