Chapter Twenty-Four: Simple-minded piece of shit

Daryl and Merle had just finished fighting a group of walkers that were attacking a family that had a baby. Merle protested with helping them, but Daryl did it anyways. Daryl even held Merle up with his Crossbow when Merle tried to steal from the family. Daryl was pissed. He had enough of his brothers bullshit and stormed away from him. Merle followed his little brother. The shit you doing pointing that thing at me for, huh? Merle snapped at him as Daryl just kept walking.

"They were scared man." Daryl snapped back at him angrily.

"They were rude is what they were. They owed us a token of gratitude." Merle said still chasing after Daryl who kept walking at a fast pace.

"They didn't own us nothing." Daryl snapped again.

"You helping people out of the goodness of your heart? Even though you might die doing. Is that something that little bitch and your sheriff Rick taught you?" Merle said hitting a nerve in Daryl, she stopped and turned around.

"There was a baby!" Daryl spat at his brother.

"Oh well otherwise you would have just left them to the biters, then?" Merle asked sarcastically.

"Man I went back for you. You weren't there. I didn't cut off your hand neither, you did that way before they locked you up on that roof." Daryl yelled at him, holding a bolt is his hand motioning it upwards to exaggerate his point. "You asked for it." He finished. Merle let out a fake laugh.

"You know what's funny to me? You and sheriff Rick are like this now, right?" Merle said crossing his fingers. "I bet you a penny and a fiddle of gold that you never told them that we were planning on robbing that camp blind. Bet you never told your little girlfriend that either, huh? Wonder what she would think of you then. What all of them would think of you?" Merle continued.

"It didn't happen." Daryl said shaking his head at his brother.

"Yeah because I wasn't there to help you." Merle snapped.

"What like when we were kids, huh?" Daryl said getting angry again, stepping towards his brother. "Who leftt who then?" he yelled at Merle. The scars of his past still present to him.

"What? Huh? Is that why I lost my hand?!" Merle yelled back at him.

"No, you lost your hand because youre a simple-minded piece of shit!" Daryl spat at him, anger burning in his eyes as he turned to walk away from his brother.

"Yeah?! You don't know!" Merle yelled at him, grabbing the back of Daryl's shirt in anger and ripping it as Daryl fell to the ground. Merle froze on the spot when he got a glimpse of his little brothers back. Daryl had deep, dark scars all over his back. Merle stared at them as his jaw had dropped. Daryl let out a small whimper as he tried to grab his shirt to hide his scars from him. Merle took a step back, dumb founded. Daryl quickly put his knapsack over his shoulders, covering his back up.

"I-I... didn't know he was..." Merle started, loss for words.

"Yeah, he did. He did the same to you." Daryl said, his voice breaking as he gathered his things while keeping his gaze pinned to the ground. "That's why you left first." He said as he picked himself up and continued walking.

"I had to man. I would have killed him otherwise." Merle said to him as Daryl kept walking. "Where you are going?" He called out to him.

"Back where I belong." Daryl yelled, turning back to his brother.

"I can't go with you. This can't be about that bitch!" Merle said.

"Her name is Grace!" Daryl yelled at him.

"Whatever! Doesn't matter man, I just cant go with you." Merle yelled back at him. Daryl went quiet as thoughts of Grace drifted into his mind. He looked at the ground then back at his brother.

"You know, I may be the one walking away, but you're the one that's leaving, again!" Daryl said, walking away from his brother, going back to his new family, back to Grace.