Chapter VIII

Beca paced back and forth throughout her house. Chloe was due to arrive home at any minute and the brunette was trying to calm down. Tonight was a big night. Now that Beca had permission from Chloe's parents, Beca was going to pop the question to the love of her life. Beca had no doubt that Chloe would say yes but she was still nervous. Beca loved Chloe with all of her heart and she wanted nothing more than to settle down with the woman. Beca couldn't wait to have it all with Chloe but she had to propose first to get there. Chloe recently came out to the world that she was in a relationship with Beca and everyone went crazy. There we so happy for Chloe and everyone swooned over the couple. Chloe was so happy and she wished she went public years ago.

"Becs! I'm home!" Chloe announced when she walked through the door.

Adrenaline spiked in Beca, causing her to wipe her sweaty palms on her jeans and rush out to greet her girlfriend. Chloe had been working late since she was working on a TV show and a few scenes had to be filmed at nighttime, which was fine by Beca since it gave her the day to make the perfect dinner and set everything up for her proposal.

"Hey, babe, how was it?" Beca asked, greeting Chloe with a kiss.

"Good. Another episode is done and dusted. Two more to go then I can have a break."

"That's good to hear."

"You look nice," Chloe commented, noting Beca in jeans, boots, a red blouse, with her hair styled and makeup on. "Where did you go today?"

"Nowhere. I actually planned a nice dinner for us." Beca took Chloe's hand and led her outside to the patio, which Beca had decorated with flowers, candles, fairy lights, and music.

"Oh my God! Becs!" Chloe gasped with a smile. "It's beautiful!"

"I thought I might do something nice since we've both been really busy lately."

Chloe turned to Beca and gazed at her. "You're so sweet." She gave the brunette a peck.

Beca blushed then took Chloe's hand and walked with her to the table and brought out their dinner.

"Did you make dinner, too?" Chloe asked.

"I did."

"It looks amazing. Thank you, babe. This is exactly what I need after a long day."

"Yeah, I thought you did," she chuckled. "Things have been quite busy for us so I think we're in need of a little romantic time in the privacy of our own home."

"Did Beca Mitchell just say romantic?"

"Only this once so don't get used to it."

"Of course not, babe. Why would I?" She winked then began eating.

"I'm really proud of you," said Beca.

"Proud? What do you mean?"

"Telling the world about us. It was a big thing to do that and you were so brave. You had no idea what was going to happen but you did it anyway. It took a lot of guts and I'm so proud of you."

"Well, I think everyone is happy for us."

"You think?" She laughed. "People have already made fan pages about us. I'm not sure whether to be flattered or scared. Like, isn't that borderline creepy?"

"It can be."

"As long as we don't get any stalkers or weird letters in the mail I think we should be okay."

"You always know just what to say, don't you?" Chloe giggled.

"Always, babe. I know you didn't get with me just because of my amazing looks and smarts," she smirked.

"Of course not."

Beca laughed and watched Chloe eat. The brunette was so in love with Chloe. She just knew Beca. She knew her from the inside and out and there was nothing they couldn't say to each other. They joked all the time, laughed, cried, and shared things nobody else knew about them. Beca hadn't met anyone like Chloe before and she honestly had trouble trying to figure out why Chloe was in love with her. Beca always believed that she was broken inside. Her parents divorced when she was a child and she was always excluded in school by kids because she was different. She was picked on and Beca turned into someone who pushed people away to protect herself.

However, that all changed when Chloe Beale came along. Beca didn't know how she did it but she didn't complain because Chloe never hurt her. Chloe never left her when things got tough and Beca knew that Chloe would never leave her either. Chloe was special and Beca knew she had to lock her down. It had been a long four years but Beca was ready to tie the knot and be committed to one person for the rest of her life. Beca never thought she'd settle down but now, she couldn't wait. Chloe was the only one for her and Beca promised to do her utmost to look after her.

"So, how'd I do?" Beca questioned after they had finished their dinner.

"Eleven out of ten, babe. You've always been a great cook."

"Thank you. I tried something different tonight so I'm glad it turned out well."

"It did."

"Can I ask you something?"

"Anything, babe."

"Cool... You remember that night we went out for dinner and that waitress was flirting with me?"

"How could I forget? I'm surprised she didn't slip her panties in the check for you."

"I'm glad she didn't."

"Me, too."

"But later that night when we came home, you said that you wanted me to... marry you... Did you mean that?"

"Of course I did. Looking back, it wasn't the best way to propose but I meant it. I know we agreed to wait until things settled and we became public but I still meant it. I do want to spend the rest of my life with you, Becs as your wife and if I could, I'd marry you right now but I know how important that stuff is to you so I'm prepared to wait until you're ready."

"So... if I did this..." Beca slid out of her chair and got down on one knee, making Chloe gasp. "And gave this to you..." Beca grabbed a box and opened it, showing off the diamond ring she bought a while ago. "Would you say yes?"

"Beca..." Chloe squeaked.

"I love you, Chloe and I want nothing more than for you to be my wife. Will you marry me?"

"YES!" Chloe squealed.

Beca laughed and slid the ring onto Chloe's finger before being tackled by the redhead who gave Beca the biggest kiss and cuddle she had ever given her.

"I love you so much," said Chloe.

"I love you more."