Chapter I

Chloe Beale loved her life. She loved acting. She loved transforming into someone else. She loved walking down the street and having people recognise her. She loved dressing up for movie premieres. She loved winning awards. She loved it all. However, being a famous actress was quite stressful and there were times where Chloe liked to relax and unwind and today was one of those days. The beautiful redhead was out doing some shopping and decided to get lunch at a cute, little café where she planned to read a book and get lost in her own little world.

The woman entered the shop and thankfully, it was empty, which Chloe thought was perfect. The café was small, cozy, and had a relaxing environment, which was exactly what Chloe wanted and needed. Chloe walked further inside and saw the different food and coffee options available.

"Hello, welcome to Mitchell's Patisserie. What can I get for you today?"

Chloe looked up at the woman behind the counter and she was absolutely beautiful. She had long, brown hair that was up in a ponytail, dark, blue eyes, and a flawless face. Chloe had never seen anyone so beautiful before.

"Hi, I'm still deciding," she answered.

"No worries. Take your time."

"Thank you... Do you recommend anything?"

"Well, that all depends on you. What do you feel like?"

"I'd like to relax and have something healthy for lunch then finish it off with something sweet but not too sweet that it'll make me feel like I've just ruined my healthy day."

"I know exactly what you mean," the woman moved from behind the counter and stood next to Chloe who was looking at the food on the shelves. "My personal favourite is the turkey salad roll. It's on freshly made Turkish bread, there is little dressing on it that has little carbs and is gluten-free. The turkey is always fresh and isn't cooked in fatty oils or fried or any of those ridiculous ways of cooking a turkey. It has low-fat mayonnaise on it, giving it that nice bit of flavour that you want and won't add on those extra calories, not that you need to worry about that anyway. Then, to finish off, I'd go with something chocolatey or something strawberry-like. What kind of coffee do you plan on getting?"

"I was tossing up between a cap or a chai latte."

"What flavour chai?"

"Vanilla."

"Hmm... Okay... Well, in that case, I find that chocolate goes well with a vanilla chai as well as caramel but it's completely up to you. I find that something a little bit sweeter and perhaps salty goes well with a cap but again, it's up to you."

"Wow. You really know your stuff."

"I've been doing this for a long time. Beca Mitchell," the woman extends her hand.

"Chloe," the woman withholds her surname for obvious reasons.

"Chloe Beale?"

"Yes," Chloe confirms quietly. "If you don't mind, I'd rather not let on that I'm here. I've had a big week and I just want some time to relax."

"Oh, of course. Sorry. Even though you're wearing a beret and glasses, I could tell that it was you."

Chloe chuckles, removing her sunglasses. "That obvious, huh?"

"I can't mistake those red locks for anybody else's nor those eyes."

Chloe felt heat rush to her cheeks, especially when Beca kept staring at her with a soft gaze.

"Anyway," Beca resumed. "Take your time to chose what you'd like. Feel free to ask more questions and I'll be ready when you are."

"Thank you, Beca. Have you worked here long?"