Chapter 10

"I hate that you're moving." Sydney says as tears flowed through both of our eyes. I secretly hated that I was moving too. This is Collin's idea of a new start. He graduated college a couple of days ago and today, with Nik and Sydney's help we're driving up to Montana today.

"I'm sad too. But we have to do this for now." I gave her the longest, tightest squeeze of our life. I'm moving away from my best friend. Our new home might be the best place for our child. Wildly, undesired.

I had sex knowing what my consequences could have been. But moving my whole life to a state I've only ever played volleyball at. Never thought I would even get out of Colorado. I love it here.

Now I have to love somewhere new. Be apart of a new school, a new place to call home. With a man I barely even know.

I hugged Nikolals after I sobbed with Sydney. "I'm gonna miss you." I smiled, "please come see me." 

I got in the U-haul where Collin was waiting for me and we started on our move to Montana. It was bittersweet leaving the only place I've ever called home but I'm excited to see what this new state has to overcome us. 

Now that I have all this time to think, it's weird moving with Collin. I don't really know him. I don't know his favorite color, who his parents are, anything about his background. I really know nothing about him. It's kind of sketchy.

"Are you gonna murder me" I smiled. "Cause you basically kidnapped me. You're a stranger."

He laughed a little, "What do you want to know about me?"

"Why were you so eager to move up to Montana?" I asked. "To start over?"

"My father lives in Montana, Helena specifically. I like getting away from the busy city life and living out in the countryside of town. Montana is further away from your parents. They will bring you nothing but heartache and stress which will not be good for our child, or our relationship, Tessa."

Our child.

I wish he could say that 100x over. Gives me flutters in my stomach. It just sounds so right coming out of his mouth.

"Your mom?" I said,"What about her?"

He stayed silent for a moment, I could tell he was hurt, "I didn't tell her I was moving. Though I'm sure my Father mentioned it."

Collin said some other things but I could feel myself falling asleep. All this packing and loading it into the truck must've wiped me out. I felt bad, I'm sure he was saying something that I needed to hear but I couldn't help what my body was doing.

After all I am growing our child inside of me.

Ew. It doesn't sound right.

————-

I felt the truck come to a slow stop and I slowly opened my eyes. It was dark out. I'm not sure how long I was asleep but it must've been a long time. We left at 1:00 and it's pitch black outside. The clock on the radio was off and my phone died. I was listening to music the whole time.

"Hello gorgeous." He smiled.
"What time is it?" 

"It's close to 9:30. We made it to the hotel ."

I felt nauseous. It smells like horse poop, reeks of it actually. I'm starving. But the hotel is right across the way from McDonald's. I would kill for some chicken nuggets and a sprite.

"We're in Billings already?" I said.

"I'm gonna check us into the hotel, stay here and when we get unloaded we'll get you and baby something to eat." He smiled.