Noni let out an impatient sigh. "He doesn't need you to have sex with him. He needs you to ejaculate in his vicinity. Find a corner and get it done."

"Romantic," Simon murmured, but he offered Danya his arm and helped him to the emptiest corner of the cabin.

Lucas cleared people away and found them bedding, and then Simon and Danya cuddled up together under a blanket.

"This is weird," Simon murmured against Danya's ear. Danya could feel him moving around, getting his pants open. "Not the most arousing situation."

Danya shuffled around until he could access Simon's throat with his teeth. He was too tired to do much, but perhaps he could provide a little assistance.

Even so, with the constant movement and chatter in the room, it seemed to take Simon an age to get anywhere. Even once he seemed close, his breathing fast and his muscles tensing, it was another few minutes before Danya finally felt that precious flood of much needed energy. He pressed close to Simon, pulling as much of it into himself as he could get.

Simon let out a long exhale. "That was the worst masturbation session I've ever had, and I once forgot to wash my hands after slicing chilli peppers before I touched myself."

"Thank you," Danya told him.

"How are you feeling now?"

Danya sat up and swept a hand down to clean up the mess Simon had made. "A bit tired still, but much better."

"Do you want to fight with us?"

Danya hadn't expected the question, but he answered without hesitation. "Yes."

"Okay. Once we're back in Lainton, we'll make time to do this again so that you're ready."

Danya tilted his head. "I thought you might try to stop me."

Simon gave Danya a strained smile. "We fought together tonight. You showed me what you were capable of. How could I stop you?"

"Well then, I suppose we had better do this again later." Danya smiled. "So that I'm ready."

Simon had started to run his hand up Danya's arm, but they were interrupted by the sound of hooves striking the ground outside. Atticus had returned.

"Okay, we'll need numbers to match Simon's unit," Noni announced. "Seph and I will be going, so we'll need four more."

"I'll be fighting too," Danya told her. "I know I'm probably not the strongest, but—"

"You've proven your competency in this, Danya," she told him. "I don't doubt you'll make yourself useful."

"I'm coming too," Lucas declared. "And I know, I know, I'm not exactly the most powerful magic user here, but I can fight. I want to."

Noni hesitated on that one, but after a moment she inclined her head. "Fine. I'd like to find out what you can do."

He smiled. "Just don't fuck it up. I know."

"Not what I was going to say, but yes, that would be my preference."

"Well, I guess that makes me and Sharn your last two," Gaira said. "I mean, we're her friends. No way we're sitting around here."

"I thought you might say that," Noni said. "Okay, that's everyone then. Let's get going."

Atticus had come with several others of his kind, each of them just as large and imposing and naked as he was. Simon still seemed uncomfortable with the nudity, especially with the women's exposed breasts.