Chapter 1

I had my head in my favourite book Pride and Prejudice while Vanessa was pulling my long wet brunette hair trying to get all the knots out after I washed it . Every time she pulled my hair my head would jolt and the words on the book would mix together, I didn't mind much though before this is the fourth time I've read this book.

"Are you looking forward to this fight tonight John said it was going to be insane , that we are even lucky we have got tickets" Vanessa squealed finally done yanking my hair out and moving on to spraying the anti frizz solution into my hair.

"I guess but you know me I'd rather stay in reading with a cup of hot chocolate by the fire or in my bed" I huffed

She stopped spraying my hair put a hand on her hip and that's when I knew I was about to get the 'Vanessa lecture' to the extreme.... "Zara Light you never leave this house unless it's for school, the library or looking for a job, I'm getting seriously concerned , I'm sick of all the excuses from now on I'm taking you out at least twice a month no excuses" the determination was evident in her voice. I decided for my safety it was best not to argue .

Forty minutes later my make up was done , my hair straightened to the last and Vanessa made me wear black leather skin tight pants with a short red crop top that laced between the boobs. Don't get me wrong I felt sexy for the first time in ages but having a set of double Ds hunny it was no easy task . The leggings hugged my round ass and clung to my hips which I actually loved .

"When will John and Jessica be here " I asked not even ten seconds later a car honked outside my car window. Vanessa and I raced down the stairs saying goodbye to my parents and 5 week old brother Tommy .

I opened the door to a bickering John and Jessica all I heard was "just because you like her does not mean" the whole car went silent I looked at Vanessa she just shook her head and climbed into the back.

John and Jessica were twins and have been my best friends since kindergarten they both had dirty blonde hair with ocean blue eyes but the only difference is John is 6'1 where as Jessica is the same height as me 5'6. Vanessa is cousins with John and Jessica but looked completely different to them she had red hair with pale skin and grey morphing into blue eyes and was around 5'9. Vanessa and I have been best friends since we were knee high our mothers were best friends which morphed our friendship into an indescribable bond .

John made Jessica get in the back but I did not argue about it because the drive there was over fifty minutes and I get car sick so sitting in the front was going to help. I was always told I was going to grow out of it which I am now starting to believe seventeen years later but not to take any chances I sat there distracting myself by singing along with the radio to my favourite song Chasing Cars.