Chapter 13

Madeline and Damon have been at the University all day and have found nothing. When they first got there, Isobel's assistant was manning the desk. Right when the assistant looked at Damon, shock covered her face. Damon, of course, thought it was because of his good looks, but Mads knew otherwise.

"Hi, you worked with Isobel Flemming, right?" Madeline asked.

"Yeah, she was my professor, but she has been missing for a few years," the assistant said, while staring at Damon, from which he just gave her his sexy smirk.

"Yeah I heard. We are actually friends with her husband, and he told us that we could come here to do some research," Madeline continued.

"Yeah, that is no problem," she said as she led them into the other room. Madeline knows that after she dropped them off she was going to get an bow and arrow. She knew she had to put a stop to it right away.

Right when they entered the room, Madeline looked right at the assistant, "Okay, so before you run off and get the crossbow hidden behind the desk, let me tell you some things," Madeline said earning a look of shock from both the assistant and Damon, "Yes, he is Damon Salvatore. Yes, he is a vampire. No, he is not going to kill you. We are just here to research somethings and we will be on our way."

"How did you know I had a crossbow?" she asked confused.

"It's a long story, but basically don't kill Damon, use him as a research project," Madeline said with a smile.

"Wait, what? As much as I love giving my body to science, mostly biology," he said with a wink, "I would like to have a say. Also, yeah how did you know about the crossbow?"

All Damon knows is that Emma and Madeline are from a different world. He has no idea that they watched him on T.V. Instead of giving him an answer, she just smiled and laughed a little.

Madeline dove into work. She grabbed a few books as did Damon, the only difference is that Mads actually seemed to be reading, while Damon kept making side comments everytime her turned a page. It must have been only a few hours before the assistant came right back.

"Okay, I got some stuff from archives that have stuff to do with ancient folklore about different worlds. You might be able to find stuff about passengers in here," she said as she set down a box right next to Mads. Damon got up and went to the bookshelf. Madeline reached into her pocket and brought out a lavender colored plant. Mads has no need for vervain herself, but she always brings it with her just in case she needs to use it against any vampires that come after her, "Here, take this," she said as she handed the plant to the girl.

"Does vervain really work?" she asked while holding the flower.

"Nope, not at all," Damon said in the background. Madeline just rolled her eyes.

"Can he hear us?" she asked again, confused on how Damon heard their conversation.

"No, that would be creepy!" Damon said in the corner while paging through a book.

"Can he read minds too?" she asked while leaning in closer to Mads.

"You know, if you want to see me naked, all you have to do is ask,"Damon said while lifting his face from the book to smirk at the two girls.

"No he can't do that. He wishes. One thing he is very capable of doing is being a first rate jackass," Madeline said which earned her a laugh from the assistant, and a glare from Damon.

__________

Emma did not expect the Lockwood mansion to be as luxurious as it was. She was in awe. She was walking up the steps with Bonnie to say hi to the Mayor and Mrs. Lockwood, when Tyler quickly barged in.