Chapter 5

Madeline always liked the night. She felt more at peace. Maybe it was her witchyness that was attracted to the moon. As Madeline neared her bike, she had a sensation that she was being watched. She upped her pace, but she knew it was useless.

"Are you trying to get away from me?" Damon asked, suddenly appearing in front of her.

She wanted to scream "no!", but she know she had to play it cool, "Yes."

"You know, I've had many girls run to me, but never one that tried to get away," Damon smirked. He had no idea why he was confronting this spunky girl in front of him, but for some reason he just wanted to talk to her.

"There is a first for everything," Madeline said as she was about to put her helmet on.

"Can I at least get your name, your real name. I have a feeling that your name is not Patrica." Damon joked as he neared closer to her.

  "Madeline," she whispered as she was getting affected by how close he was to her. She could smell his cologne, and it was better than anything she would have predicted.

"Well, Madeline, how do you feel coming back to my place?" Damon said, resting his hand on her hip. She knew he could tell that his presence affected her in  all the right, yet wrong ways.

"No, I need to get home, do school, and sleep. You know, normal girl stuff," she babbled as she had no idea what to say. Madeline is not usually the babbling type, but she couldn't help it. He was intoxicating.

"l like girl stuff, actually I like what girls can do for me," he smirked nearing his mouth toward her. Was he compelling her? She didn't think so, because she knew she was a witch and they can't be compelled.

She just needed the strength to push him away from her. A small part of her brain was telling her that if she went home with him there were huge chances that she would be like Caroline was in the first season, and she did not want to be a toy. She wanted to be a wife.

"I have a boyfriend," Madeline lied as she pushed him away.

"For some reason I don't believe you at all," He said. As she was about to turn away, he grabbed her chin and looked into her eyes. She knew he was about to compel her, "you want to come to my place with me, and forget about your supposed boyfriend."

Madeline started to freak out internally. If she said no, he would know she couldn't be compelled and that she knew about vampires. If she said yes than she would become a blood bag. She had to decide and fast. It took her what seemed like minutes, and she made a decision which she knew she would regret.

______

The motel room was cozier than it showed on TV. She knew this was the place that Damon originally drank Caroline's blood, but that fear did not register past her freaking out that she was in the same room as Damon.

She sat on the bed, trying to figure out how to get out without him being curious.

"Want a drink, I have bourbon and... bourbon," Damon said has he looked around his alcohol assortment.

"I don't really want to drink, I have school tomorrow," Madeline said fidgeting with the rings on her finger.

"Bourbon is not what I want to drink, either," Damon said as he vamped speed over to her and threw her onto the bed, a little too roughly for her taste. She knew what was coming next: a pair of fangs into her neck. Of course this is not what she wanted. She made a mistake, she should have gone against his compulsion when he first asked her to come back to her place. She needed to figure a way out, and quickly. Damon positioned him on top of her, and besides her being weirdly turned on, she knew she had to think fast.