16 : Brownies and Vanilla Ice-Cream

Comenzar desde el principio

Carl winked at her. "You bet."

Josie's attention turned towards us. "So, what did you kids do today?"

"I was at Fred's playing X-Box." Seth mumbled.

"Fiona and I were working on some project today." Casey's voice floated in the air and for a moment, Stefan broke his glaring context with me to look at my sister. I don't know if I was hallucinating but I could have sworn I saw him nod at her subtly. 

Josie interrupted my thoughts. "That's cool. What about the rest of you."

Carl stretched arrogantly. "Well, I was busy surprising my girl and stealing kisses in between."

I scrunched up my nose. "Ew, Carl. We didn't need to know that."

He ruffled my hair. "You're just jealous that she ain't your girl."

I scoffed. "As if."

"I was with Jade at the public library." Colton said, cutting off our banter.

"Your girlfriend, I presume?" Josie asked.

Colton nodded. "The only one."

"Samantha and I were in my room catching up on Supernatural." Stella giggled.

Josie laughed. "I bet you both had most fun."

Samantha rolled her eyes. "Stella sure did. And forced me too."

Josie sighed and turned towards me, her gaze immediately falling on the glaring context Stefan and I got back to. Not only her but everyone else's attention was on us too. Did we waver? Nah.

The tension in the room seemed to rise tenfold now and seemingly, everyone was uncomfortable.

"Clara? What about you? I thought you said you went out with your friends. Is that right?" Josie spoke to ease the tension.

I nodded without breaking my glare. "Yeah, I did go out with Keith and Hannah to have some fun and we were actually enjoying. That is until someone decided to crash my happy times."

Stefan's eyes narrowed towards me. "Well, that someone's night was ruined but your presence too. Could you have not chosen any other place to hangout?"

I gritted my teeth. "If I remember it clearly, my friends and I got to the movies and eatery first. It's that someone who followed us with his bunch of goons."

Stefan slapped his hands on the table and stood up, leaning towards me, not breaking the glare. "If that someone knew he was going to be cursed by your and your girlfriends' presence, he wouldn't have gone through with his initial plans of going to the movies and eatery either."

I stood up too, too furious at him and copied his stance. "Keith is not a girl, you asshole."

Stefan smirked sardonically at me. "Oh? Could've fooled me. Maybe you girls should have gone to a small for a little girly bonding time shopping for pink girly stuff, don't you think?"

I curled my fists in anger to find my hands fisting in the plate of rice. I flung it at him. "Shut up, you stereotypical asshole!" He surely didn't see that coming.

Fuming in anger, he dumped his bowl of chicken gravy on my head. "Did I offend you, Princess?"

I gasped as the warm, delicious smelling blend of spices dripped from my hair onto the table. Not so delicious anymore, is it? My sub-conscious self taunted.

"You -"

I was cut off by Carl and Josie at the same time.

"Food fight!"