She faced the class shyly and said, “Um hi, my name is Sienna Madison and I’m new this year”.

“Obviously,” someone in the back yelled out causing the whole class to chuckle.  Sienna felt her cheeks heat up as the blood colored them in embarrassment, and she quickly rushed to a seat in the back.  Out of nowhere a leg shot out that made her trip and drop her heavy math book.  The impact with the floor made her accidentally blurt out an expletive, and everyone noticed.  People laughed at her and only one hand offered to help her up -- it belonged to the same person who had tripped her.  Sienna was shocked to see it was the coffee guy whose large hand brought on a flashback of the previous night’s events.  Could he have been the one who had written on her arm as a cruel prank?  Had he been the one who covered her eyes before she fainted?  There were so many unanswered questions in her mind.  She refused his help with a glare and got up from the floor.

“Miss Madison, you will refrain from using such inappropriate vocabulary in my classroom or next time it will be detention,” he warned with a stern look.  She nodded in understanding and turned to face the coffee guy.

“Jerk,” she insulted him, hatred coloring her voice.

“Klutz,” he shot back without looking at her, but she could see a smile fighting its way to his mouth.  The only available seat was next to him and, as much as it displeased her, she had no choice but to take it.

“So as I was saying class, you’ll find that SOHCAHTOA will be very useful to help you memorize the formulas for sine, cosine and tangent,” the teacher droned on and on.  Not even five minutes into Mr. Echo’s speech and Sienna had already dozed off on her desk.

She woke up to paper airplanes being pelted at her head.  Glancing over at the coffee guy, whose name she still didn’t know, she caught him folding up another airplane.  He launched it at her, but this time it landed on the desk.  She was about to push it off when he urgently signaled her to open it.  Rolling her eyes, she unfolded the plane with her long, delicate fingers.

Wipe the drool off your face, was written in curvy letters on the inside of the paper.  She quickly brought her hands to wipe her mouth and stopped when she heard him laughing quietly.  She rolled up her sleeve, compared the writing style to the one on her arm and found that it was a bit similar.  She scrunched up the paper into a ball and threw it at him, aiming at his head but failing miserably.

“You arrive late to my class, you fall asleep and now you’re sending notes.  Am I boring you that much Miss Madison?” Mr. Echo reprimanded, making her eyes widen in shock.

“But I wasn’t the one sending notes!” she protested.

“Don’t lie to me Miss Madison.  I saw you with my own eyes.  Now apologize to Mr. Bellicus,” he countered, crossing his arms over his wide chest.  She vaguely heard the jerk snicker at her, making her blood boil. 

“He should be apologizing to me!”

“Stop being a hard head and apologize,” the coffee guy put in.