19 ★ Everything's magic

Start from the beginning

     Leaning back in, we start up on what we came here for.

     Of course I've kissed a woman before, I've done a lot more than that, but I've never had this sensation for even a second of any of that. This is something different altogether. This is magic, sheer and pure magic.

     I'm engulfed in fire when I touch her.

     I slide my tongue into her mouth, tugging on her and demanding more. She moans and wraps her arms tightly around me neck. Hendrix pulls me in closer. I'm imprisoned like a helpless animal in the jaws of a bear trap.

     And I don't plan on escaping the torture.

     Sweet, sweet torture.

     Every once in a while, the paranoia starts to set in. We're in my classroom. On the middle of campus.

     Of course, I've taken proper precautions. The door is locked up tight. Shades drawn. But my senses aren't exactly on high alert, I'm practically drunk on my mate. I'm hoping nothing goes over my head.

     More time flies by, I don't even know what time it is. Hendrix throws me off course. We pull away again, but not too far. She's close. I wouldn't have her any other way.

      "So. What does this mean?" She asks me, licking her swollen upper lip so it glistens. Her cheeks are tinged pink. Her hair messy. Eyes glazed over and filled with energy.

      "What do you mean?" I wonder, not quite paying attention. I'm still staring at that mouth of hers that I'm becoming very well acquainted with.

     Hendrix rolls her eyes and laughs. She sounds like a damn pixie when she laughs.

     "This." She softly hits me in the chest and then motions to herself. "Me and you. You and me. Is it a thing? Are we... a thing?" Her volume gets quieter and less confident as she talks. I can hear the unsure thread in her voice.

     And I can hear the hope, the longing.

     She wants me. She has the draw, and she wants to give in to it. She's just as cautious as me, trying to take it slow as to not scare off the other when we both just want each other.

     "I'll be honest. I like you, Hendrix. I care about you. I want this to be a thing. There's something between us, and you feel it too, don't you?"

     Hendrix doesn't even stop to think about it, she just nods slowly. She stares at me alight with excitement.

     "I care about you too, more than I should. I'm just a little scared , Cherry." Not afraid of me at least, but it's understandable to be terrified of her new feelings.

     The mate bond doesn't force love. The mate bond is like a magnet, she's been drawn to me since we met, but her affection for me, and mine for her, is purely organic. We choose to fall in love, the bond just gives us the first spark.

     I'm well on my way to falling in love with her.

     "Me too, but I'm trusting my gut. You wanna know what my gut is telling me?" She nods in response. "It's telling me to jump in and never let go."

     Another kiss from the human, this one short and sweet. A reply of sorts to my declaration. Hendrix's small fingers hold onto my shoulders as she grins from ear to ear. Suddenly her smile collapses, replaced with a hopeless expression.

     I sit up straighter as I wait for her to talk.

     "I'm so happy to hear you say that, but what about Savannah? I know you said y'all are only friends and all..." I interrupt her, I can't help it. I hold a finger to her lips to stop her from saying any more.

     "I said it because it's true. We are just friends, close friends, sure, but I've known her forever. She's more of an annoying little sister. I want you, Hendrix. Why would I spend so much time with you if I didn't?" I ask gently, holding her face and focusing solely on her and nothing else.

      Sighing, I shake my head. I hate it that she's so unsure of herself. She's the perfect specimen and she's worried about Savannah of all people.

     "I guess not." Hendrix admits, not looking me in the eyes as she smiles happily to herself, fiddling with the end of her dress.

     If there was any doubt left in her, I kiss it away. It's a firm and dedicated kiss. A message. A love note.

     "Of course not. That's my point. I love kissing you, and being around you. Seeing you. Hearing you."

      She smirks, wrapping a hand around my tie and tugging me towards her.

      "Me too. I've never wanted to be around someone more in my life, Cherry." And then we're kissing again, which is a huge surprise. We've barely stopped since she showed up.

     After minutes of pleasure, she has to catch her breath again. I can't take it anymore. I pull her into my lap.

     Hendrix lets out the most adorable gasp I've ever heard. She's straddling me, not quite eye level anymore. This position is more intimate, not quite sexual, but comfortable. She fits against me like she should, like she was made to complete me. A missing piece of me.

     "I'm going to state the obvious, no one should know about me and you. That we're together. A student and a teacher, that could cause trouble, and I don't want that." I explain as I look down at her, a bit awkward at the subject.

     I'm not ashamed of her, I could never be, but humans have their strange reservations on relationships.

     She ducks her head to the side, doodling little patterns on my shoulder with her fingertip.

     "Yeah, I wouldn't want you to lose your job because of me." Hendrix admits, smiling sadly as she nestles deeper into me. I grip her chin, pushing her head back until I've got her attention.

     "I couldn't care less about my job. It's your education, your hard earned tuition. I don't want you getting expelled. You know what the school will think if they find out, baby. That you seduced me for better grades." She lights up at my explanation, I can see the flirtatious fire filling her.

     "Maybe you should give me bad grades just to throw them off the trail." She offers up, and I throw my head back with laughter, running a hand down her back.

     "Sounds like a plan to me."

✰ ★ ✰ ★ ✰ ★ ✰ ★ ✰ ★ ✰ ★ ✰ ★ ✰ ★ ✰

     If you're reading this, you're a beautiful person:)

Another Monday, another chapter filled with mush! Don't forget to let me know what you think in the comments below.

I'm almost don't with the next chapter, so it will probably be up sometime this week. Get excited, my beautiful readers!

Until next time