Chapter 10 : Hug a Golden Thighs

After spending quite a bit of effort to win over Steward Xu and the small eunuch in the Imperial Kitchen, Ling Xiao made a bowl of iced pickled plum soup and carried it to the Imperial Study.

The Emperor remained silent as he looked at the pickled plum juice on the table.

On top of the translucent soup floated many ice cubes. The walls of the bowl were moistened with drops of water, and traces of white mist were emitted by it.

Setting down the book in his hand, he looked at Ling Xiao who was kneeling before him, “So you slipped out for this?”

Ling Xiao was surprised, so the Emperor noticed he had slipped out…

He swallowed his saliva as he bowed his head, quickly explaining, “Your Majesty, your servant saw that you did not eat much this evening and was afraid that the hot weather affected your appetite. This pickled plum soup is your servant’s hometown’s specialty, it’s good for getting rid of the heat and whetting one’s appetite. Because your servant wanted to make you a bowl, your servant went to the Imperial Kitchen.”

The Emperor’s sight once again returned to the pickled plum soup. Upon seeing this, Ling Xiao got up and went to the table side, reaching for the pickled plum soup and drinking a mouthful. After that, he respectfully placed it in front of the Emperor.

“Your Majesty, your servant already tried it, so you can enjoy it peacefully.”

The Emperor raised an eyebrow. This little eunuch sure had some guts, having the cheek to leave by himself without his command. Nor had he ever seen one that directly used his own bowl to test for poison. It was actually pretty refreshing.

The Emperor stared at the little eunuch in front of him who was bowing. His attitude was extremely respectful, yet not humble. The peculiar expression that had floated up on Ling Xiao’s face could still be faintly seen from his slightly bent position.

Suddenly, the Emperor had an interest in the item Ling Xiao had brought. In the blink of an eye, he had moved his gaze to the pickled plum soup in front of him. The droplets on the walls of the bowl were already ruined, giving an outline of the little eunuch’s lip-mark. Controlling his gaze, he finally reached out a hand to pick up the pickled plum soup and drained it in one gulp.

As the pickled plum soup entered his stomach, the Emperor let out a sigh of comfort as he turned the empty bowl in his hand. He laughed, showing his good mood, “This thing really is pretty good.”

Ling Xiao bowed his head and smiled.

The Emperor placed the empty bowl on the table, his finger moving around in a circle on the wall of the bowl, “You are currying favor with Us in this way, what do you want?”

Ling Xiao was frightened as he heard this and hurriedly kneeled on the ground, “Your servant doesn’t dare.”

The Emperor narrowed his eyes and stopped the movement of his hands, his deep gaze falling onto Ling Xiao’s body, as if he had seen through Ling Xiao completely. For a long time, the Emperor did not speak as if he was waiting for Ling Xiao to take the initiative.

Ling Xiao bitterly smiled, this Emperor was too astute; his charade has long been seen through.

Thinking this, he did not dare to continue hiding and lowered his head as he said, “Your Majesty, your servant indeed have one matter asking for your help.”