Chapter 9: Creating a Plan part II

Mo Qi complacently looked at Ling Xiao, “Wouldn’t it have been better if you were like this before! You shouldn’t force me, how could I forget you when I flourished? You and I are are fellow townsman, we come from the same place.”

Ling Xiao turned his hands, impatiently saying, “Enough, just say it. What do you want?”

Mo Qi was asking to be embarrassed when she said, “Tomorrow is the day of the Emperor’s selection. Since you are the smartest, help me come up with some ideas. How do I attract the Emperor’s attention? Do I need to dress a bit prettier? Or maybe, dress modernly? Perhaps that’d be more eye-catching.”

Ling Xiao sneered, “You want someone from ancient times to appreciate modern aesthetics?”

Mo Qi became gloomy, “Then you tell me how.”

Ling Xiao rubbed his palm. In his past lifetime, Mo Qi had also come to find and consult him. In order for Mo Qi to stand out more, he had mixed among the eunuchs by the Emperor’s side and found out that the Emperor liked women who didn’t wear makeup.

As a result, he had Mo Qi go into battle without makeup and even had her be more casual. Mo Qi was beautiful in the first place, so even with makeup, she wouldn’t lose to the other Xiu girls. Add on her casual behavior, and in a group of upright and well-behaved Xiu girls, she indeed stood out, attracting the attention of the Emperor.

But this time… how could Ling Xiao allow her to do so?

He restrained his gaze and thought a little, before curving his lips and saying, “The Emperor likes women with heavy makeup and gaudy dress. You can just do however they do heavy makeup. Oh, right, he also likes women who are more quiet. Don’t talk too much tomorrow, just be gentle and quiet.”

Mo Qi frowned, “Just… just like that is enough?”

Ling Xiao shrugged his shoulders, “Whether you believe it or not is up to you.”

Mo Qi clenched her teeth, “Ling Xiao, I believe that you aren’t foolish enough to lie to me. If I do not get chosen this time, don’t think you will have an easy time either.”

Laying down her fierce words, Mo Qi turned around and departed. Ling Xiao sneered, he really wanted to see just how she would make his life hard.

The strongest backer in this palace was, naturally, only one person.

In his past lifetime, wasn’t it because Mo Qi depended on the Emperor that she rose to the peak? Then, this lifetime, why shouldn’t he try to do the same?

He couldn’t be reborn in vain.

The Emperor should have a favorable impression of him from a few days ago. Even if it wasn’t a favorable impression, his interest in him shouldn’t be low. Otherwise, the Emperor would had killed him when he first found the letter in order to silence him.

Furthermore, he was very confident that he could gain the Emperor’s favor.

In his past life, Mo Qi had liked the Emperor, so in order for Mo Qi to obtain the Emperor’s favor, Ling Xiao gathered information on everything the Emperor liked. What he liked to eat, what kind of weather he liked, what he liked to do, what time he got up, what time he worked, he was extremely certain about everything. He had used all of this on Mo Qi, allowing her to become a woman who completely understood the Emperor.