.08

my bby Pooter as Deion 🤍

Oni 😗

Later That Night...

"Five?", I call out, knocking on her door. I receive nothing but silence in response.

"Fivey Wivey..", I coo, and once again, I receive silence.

"Zaire.."

With a shrug, I turn around to walk back to my room.

"Ze'Oni, leave your cousin alone. She's probably sleeping.", my mom demands, peeking her head out of her doorway.

"Man, mama.. I was just checking on her. I don't want her having another nightmare or anything.", I respond, rolling my eyes.

"Whatever. Get your clothes out for school so I can iron them in the morning."

I wonder where Five is...

Once I'm back in my room, I sit on my bed and grab my phone.

I shoot Five a text, making sure she was safe.

"Nigga, whea yo ass at?", it read.

Minutes passed with no response.

"Fuck it.", I mumble, turning my light off and laying down.

She wanna be mad or whatever, so it is what it is.

Five ❤️

"Nigga, water is not wet!", Deion yells and DJ shakes his head.

They were in a heated argument about whether water was, or was not, wet.

I sat in the backseat, silently watching in amusement as they argued.

"Well, shit Einstein. How is it not wet?", DJ questions teasingly, leaning his elbow onto the center console in between them with his head resting in his hand.

"I don't know, but I know what is and ain't wet. One being Catherine's coochie.", De answers and begins rolling another blunt.

"Leave my mama outta this, nigga."

"Five..", DJ questions, turning around in his seat. "Yo.."

"What you think? Is water wet?", he asks me and I take a minute to think.

"Nope.", I eventually answer.

He stares blankly at me, and I give him a weird look. "Boo, the fuck?"

"Nigga, you can't give a damn answer without explaining.", he says and I roll my eyes.

"Well, since water is a liquid, it isn't in or of itself wet. It can make other solid materials wet, though. Wetness is the ability of a liquid to stick to the surface of a solid, so if something is wet, it means that the liquid is sticking to the surface."

"Damn, nigga. Is you a genius or something?", DJ questions, staring at me with wide eyes.

"On God, she just straight schooled yo' ol' retarded ass.", Deion responds, laughing loudly. DJ stares at him with a mug before opening his door.

"I'm tired of y'all shit.", he tells us and gets out, slamming the door behind him.

"Anyways... you wanna sit up here?", Ty asks me, and I shrug.

I slide between the two front seats, rubbing my head against the car roof, and fall into the passenger seat. A sharp pain shoots through my ass as I land.

"Shit.", I hiss, rubbing my butt cheek. I must've landed wrong and fell on the seatbelt buckle.

A silence falls over as he smokes and I stare at the night sky full of stars.

I can't help but think of my brother. He wanted to be an astronaut when we were younger , but he was claustrophobic and had a fit every time he was in a small space. Damn, I miss my brother.

"You're missing somebody. I can tell.", I hear De's voice say, breaking the silence. "What?"

"You feel like a piece of you is missing. I know the feeling.", he briefly explains.

"Yeah, absolutely.", I answer lowly, still looking at the stars. "It's like you feel an empty void."

"That's why I'm high most of the time. It numbs you. You can't feel any of the hurt anymore.", he says, taking a pull from his blunt.

I mindlessly yawn, but try to cover it with a cough.

"You tired?", he questions, already knowing the answer.

"Yeah, but I don't wanna go to sleep. Them nightmares are something serious.", I answer, rubbing my eyes.

"I know what you mean. You see something once and that shit gon' stick with you forever."

"Do yours be about the same thing, but it puts it in different ways?", I ask him. "Wait- that might not've made sense."

"Nah, I understand exactly what you saying. It's like it's always a different story but it ends the same way, no matter how hard you try to keep it from happening?"

I nod, because he just hit the nail right on the head.

"But lemme get you home, for real. I don't want smoke with yo' aunt.", he says and I laugh. "Yeah, me neither. I choose to keep my life."

I put my seatbelt on just as he honks the horn for DJ to get back in.

Once he's in, we pull out of the empty parking lot.

As Deion slowly drove through the streets, my eyes gradually got heavier and heavier before they closed completely.

Next thing I know, I'm being shaken awake.

"Hmm?", I hum. "We outside yo' crib.", he tells me. "Bet."

I undo my seatbelt and open the door, taking my time so I don't fall.

Closing the door, I make my way to the front door.

"Aye, Five!", Deion calls out, making me turn around.

"Text me before you go to sleep.", he says and I nod.

DJ adds, "Me too, bestfriend!"

Laughing, I nod again.

I use my key to unlock the door and quietly walk inside.

Slowly walking to my room, I strip and bury myself in my covers.

I shoot them both a text like I was told and plug my phone up.

And with that, I try to take my ass to sleep.

-