Chapter 13:Nightmare

Start from the beginning

He was probably firing warning shots. Mostlielky to scare me. I learned earlier, that men like to make loud noises, hoping that women will make a sound.

It was dead quiet out in the woods except for the birds tweeting. So I better not make to much noise, or it will be quite easy for him to find me and drag me back to his horrid house for my punishment.

But, after about five minutes of running and not looking behind me, I figured that I lost him. Even within, the five minutes it had gotten much darker.

The sun was setting and I was all alone in the woods. The woods behind the house were pretty deep. And I didn't know my way around there.

I was completely terrified, if I wouldn't die from Xander, I would surely die out in the woods. Maybe I should just run back to him. Beg for mercy and let him take me back to his house for my punishment. It might be 10 times better then being eaten alive by wolves or some type of weird bug.

But before I could even make my decision to go back to him or continue running, I heard another gunshot. And this time it was very close.

I could tell because right next to me, the tree that I was standing next to, had a bullet hole in it. Xander found me, now, I knew one thing. He didn't miss, he fired that shot on purpose to miss me. But before I could continue running, I felt a sharp pain in my stomach.

And that's when I noticed that he shot once again, but this time he shot me. And on purpose. I looked down to see what had happened. And when I looked, I saw a red stain all over my shirt.

I put my hand over the wound and continued to run. More like limp, I started hyperventilating. It hurts so much, and I could barely breathe. My guess is that he had hit an internal organ. Maybe my lungs.

" You little bitch. I can't believe you did that. I got to say you're a lot smarter than I thought you were trying to make a run like that. But, you're pretty dumb to even try to run away. You should've kept running. You were stupid to stop. Now you're going to pay the price." Xander said coming out to me.

Before I could even make a move, or say anything. He whacked me over the head with a gun making me go into a deep deep sleep.

" Megan, Megan, wake up. Mom and dad told me to come and get you. It's time to go to the picnic, you slept in! Give ready. They won't be that patient." My little brother said.

I open my eyes and saw that my little brother was standing at the foot of my bed. I questioned what was going on, only seconds ago Xander whacked me over the head with a gun. And before that, he had shot me in the stomach.

Now, I'm laying in my old bed that I had when I was 10. I'm completely confused, maybe I'm dreaming. But I know with my terrible luck, it's not. When Xander hit me, he put me into a deep sleep. And this, it's probably just all a dream.

I got up from my bed and walked over to my closet and looked in the mirror that hung from the door, I looked exactly like I did when I was 10. Wearing my pink nightgown and my sleep mask that had a bunny on it.

I quickly got dressed in my daily attire which was a pair of shorts, and a tank top. Once I was dressed I headed downstairs and noticed that everything was like it was. My mom was in the kitchen humming to one of the country songs that she was listening to as she put food into the picnic basket.

While my father was running in and outside the house grabbing stuff for the picnic. And my brother, who was sitting on the couch watching SpongeBob.

Good old times. I looked around and suddenly my old dog Barney came in and jumped on me. Making me fall down. He barked and licked me multiple times.