Chapter 3 - Part 2

Taylor

The next week was busy. Between classes and homework, I didn't have a lot of free time. I'd made it in just in time to my last class for the day. Still out of breath, I sat down in the first available seat and began to get my books out.

"You nearly didn't make it," said a voice from beside me.

I brushed my hair out of my face to see a guy that I'd noticed the week before smiling at me. I tried to calm my heart down as I gave him a friendly smile back.

"Yeah, tell me about it," I replied as I went back to the task of getting my notes out.

I could still feel his gaze on me, and I tried to ignore it when the class started up. Despite my best efforts, I couldn't concentrate on the teacher and what he was babbling on. It was the boy with the nice smile beside me who had kept my thoughts busy. The few times I'd snuck glances at him, he'd smiled knowingly at me.

He had blond hair with dark blue eyes, but his dimples that appeared every time he smiled were his sexiest feature. Embarrassed that I'd been caught looking at him a few times during class, I packed my bag as soon as the bell rang and tried to get out of the class before I embarrassed myself further.

"Wait," he called out to me as I exited the classroom.

I didn't want to be rude, so I stopped and turned to face him.

"I'm Caleb," he said while running a hand through his hair.

"I'm Taylor," I replied as I hitched the strap of my bag higher onto my shoulder.

"When a pretty girl sneaks in a couple of glances my way, I don't let her leave without taking her number," he said and pulled out his phone.

I was speechless.

"Are you going to give me your number?" he asked, seeming a little more serious than before.

For a moment, while his eyes held mine, I debated whether or not to give him my number. I was here to experience everything that I could. I liked him, and there was nothing wrong with that, so I decided to give him my number and he typed it into his phone.

"I'll call you, and we can go out sometime," he said as he turned to leave.

I nodded, and he gave me that killer smile with the dimples once more before he disappeared down the hallway.

For a few minutes, I stood there trying to get myself together. It had been the first time a guy had asked me for my number, and my heart was still hammering with excitement. It was precisely for these moments that I'd strived hard to experience, and it was even better than I'd ever dreamed. I smiled to myself as I turned to walk back to the dorm. I still had the stupid smile on my face when I pushed the door open to my room.

"Why are you so happy?" Jordan asked, looking at me with narrowed eyes.

"A guy asked for my number," I said, sharing my moment with her.

"That is awesome. What's his name?" she asked, closing the book she'd just been studying.

"Caleb," I said.

"Come on, I want all the details," she prompted as she patted the empty spot beside her. I dropped my bag onto the floor beside her bed, and I sat beside her. She listened intently as I gave her a brief rundown of what happened.

"So what does he look like?" she asked. My first response was to say he looked like the opposite of Sin, but I caught myself. I couldn't understand why I compared him to a boy I barely knew.

"He's tall and blond with dark blue eyes," I said, trying to describe Caleb to her. "And he has dimples."

"I have a weakness for dimples," Jordan revealed, shaking her head.

Before I could stop myself, I thought about Sin. It seemed I had a thing for bad boys who had piercings and were covered in tattoos.

"So if he calls, will you go out with him?" Jordan asked, pulling me out of my thoughts.

"Sure, he's really cute," I answered automatically. He was good-looking, and he seemed like a nice guy so I would definitely give it a chance.

I couldn't help thinking that although I'd been excited about Caleb asking me for my number, my response was still lukewarm compared to how I felt around Sin. Sin didn't seem like the type to ask a girl for her number. He seemed like the type to give her one earth-shattering night and then never look her way again. I'd been so wrapped up in my thoughts that I'd missed half of what Jordan had been saying so I only caught the end part.

"What are you going to wear?" she asked.

I frowned for a moment.

"Wear to what?" I asked, confused.

"You weren't listening to a word I was saying," she said as she smiled knowingly at me. "You daydreaming about Caleb already?"

I shrugged, not wanting to lie.

"There is a party tonight," she repeated. "So what are you going to wear?"

My first party had been an eventful one. Most girls after experiencing what I had would steer clear of parties for the rest of their lives, but for me it was different. I didn't want to shy away from experiences even though they might be bad.

"I'm not sure I have anything to wear," I mumbled.

"It's okay, I'm sure I can find something of mine you can wear," she said as she got up and walked over to her closet.

"Just no miniskirts," I said, remembering spending half the night trying to make sure my panties didn't show the last time.

"No miniskirts," she said and began to look through her wardrobe.