When the bell rang, Amelia looked confused as her friends got up from the table. Finn chuckled at her face. "Lunch is over." He said making Amelia nod as a sign she'd understood.
"What is your next class?" Finn asked her as the group left the cafeteria.

"Math, with me." Puck said falling in step with them smoothly. Finn looked at Noah with doubt. "I'm not sure I'm comfortable leaving her with you dude."

"Why not? I'd be a great service dog." Puck said confidently.

"Deaf people don't use service dogs, that's blind people idiot.." Noah sighed at Finn annoyed, linking his arm with Amelia's. "Sure dude, whatever, same same."

"Deaf and hearing impaired people can have service dogs, it is called a hearing dog." The weird British computerised voice surprised the two boys before they realised that it was just Amelia who had typed what she wanted to say into her phone. "See! Deaf girl says I'm right. Suck it Finny." Amelia raised an eyebrow at Noah before looking sweetly at Finn.
"I'll be fine." She assured him.

"Alright. Just text me, or Quinn for that matter, if anything happens." Finn said pointing to his phone to make sure she understood. Once again Amelia nodded shortly, confirming she'd understood what he'd said.
"Alright, see you later."

After school, Amelia had gone to a cafe with Kurt, Artie and Mercedes to drink a cup of coffee and go over the sheet music for the next glee practise. Luckily Artie knew some sign language and made the whole ordeal a bit easier for Amelia who still didn't have her hearing-aids.

An hour went by until Mercedes, Kurt and Artie began gathering their things telling her that they had to go. Amelia hugged them all goodbye and helped Artie into his dads car before she went back to her table deciding to stay and work on a new piano piece she'd begun composing during her math class with Puck earlier once she realised she wouldn't be able to learn much without her hearing-aids.

A pair of shoes stopping by her table made her aware that someone was trying to get her attention. Amelia smiled at him softly as she pointed to her ears, "I'm sorry, I'm deaf, can you repeat?"

"Oh. I was just asking if I could sit at your table." The guy repeated gesturing to the empty chair across from her. Amelia looked around the cafe and realised her table was one of the only ones with empty seats. "Of course! Please sit, I might not be the easiest to hold a conversation with without my hearing-aids though." She admitted sheepishly as she scratched the back of her head awkwardly.

Surprisingly the boy simply smiled at her and sat down. "That's alright. I like a good challenge anyway." Amelia blushed a bit as he winked at her before pulling out a bunch of papers from his bag that almost rivalled her own stack. "Homework?" She asked him curiously as she tried to read some words off of the top page.

"It's music. I'm in a glee-club." He told her before furrowing his brows at her own papers. "You write music?" He questioned her a bit surprised.

"Believe it or not, I'm in a glee-club." She told him amused at the coincidence. "No way!"

The two teenagers ended up eating dinner together and talking for hours at the cafe. Amelia was surprised by how well she did considering  how shy she normally was and of course taking into consideration that she couldn't really hear a word he was saying as well. The boy was just so charming, sweet and polite. He seemed to really enjoy her company as well, and though their communication was a mixture of writing, talking and signing, it went quite smoothly.

"Wait, we've been talking for this entire afternoon and I don't even know your name?" Amelia chuckled and looked at him surprised. He was right. Neither one of them had said their names yet. "Mine is Amelia. What's yours?"

"Jesse." Jesse St. James told her somewhat proudly. Amelia furrowed her brows. "Jayce?" She repeated not quite sure she'd gotten it right. He didn't really look like a Jayce and when he chuckled at her and shook his head she was aware that she'd probably gotten it wrong.

Chuckling embarrassed she motioned for him to quiet down as well. "Wait." She signed and spoke at the same time. Slowly and carefully she reached up to his throat, "Can I?" She asked him for permission to touch him hesitantly.

Jesse nodded, slightly intrigued and maybe even secretly a bit excited by the thought of her touching him, "What are you doing?" He asked her as she put her fingers high up on his throat right where it turned into chin. "Say your name." She said almost in a whisper, not wanting to talk too loudly while she was this close to him. If not for the logical part of him yelling at him that she was indeed not flirting with him but just being friendly and sweet, Jesse would have found the whole ordeal incredibly sexy.

"Jesse." He repeated his name clearly. Amelia's eyes were intently focused on his mouth. And if not for the fact that Jesse knew that she was simply reading his lips, he would've thought she was dying to kiss him.

"Ah, Jesse." She repeated. He smiled at her and nodded, her hand was still on his throat, making her smile as well as she felt the vibrations of his soft chuckling on her hand. Jesse's breath fanned her face and a light blush spread on Amelia's cheeks as she realised how close they still were. He chuckled again,
"Exactly."