ENEMY (AoixUruhaxReita)

(The Enemy by The White Tie Affair)

The Enemy

I come in late with no surprise
you're always standing at the door with those angry eyes

Aoi was in the living room, waiting anxiously for him to return. He paced and paced and paced, but nothing seemed to help. He knew what he was doing, and he didn't like it. The first few times, it hurt Aoi. Deep inside, it hurt. It hurt that he would do this to him, but after a while, Aoi had become emotionless towards him, and the horrible truth.

He came in, looking at Aoi with tired eyes. He didn't even try to hide his exhaustion anymore. In his point of view, Aoi had no idea what was going on, and was just upset that he was always 'working' late. Closing the door behind him, he moved past Aoi to sit on the couch, turning on the TV.

you stayed up late just to start this fight

"Where have you been?" Aoi spoke, venom almost dripping from his mouth. The same inevitable question. The same answer, all the time.

"Work, of course. It's been a hard week," he answered with a heavy sigh. It's been a hard week for three months now. Stupid lies. Always the same. Did he honestly believe that Aoi would never find out? Every night it was the same fight.

"Why are you never home anymore, Uruha?" Aoi asked, standing in front of him, arms crossed.

"Because I have to work so that I can afford to get you all the things you're always wanting; so that we can afford to continue to live here!" Uruha's argument. It was the same every night. The same things. Aoi would complain that he was never home, and Uruha would complain that Aoi was spending too much. In reality, there had not been one purchase, other than food, for a good six months.

but my ears are getting tired I think ill call this a night

Uruha shook his head. He wasn't going to listen to this. It wasn't as if Aoi knew that what he was actually doing was far less honourable than working late.

"I'm not listening to you going on and on all night. I'm going to bed," Uruha said, retreating to the bedroom.

You keep on talking but I'm not listening

Uruha could hear Aoi yelling at him from the living room. He ignored it all. There was no use listening to what Aoi had to say. It was always the same thing. The same mindless chatter. Uruha had had enough of it. This was the whole reason that he had been visiting the same certain house three times a week.

I'll be the first to say I'm sorry just to be this to end

There was no point for Aoi to continue, he knew that Uruha wasn't listening. He never did. He never got it. Uruha just couldn't see that Aoi knew. He knew. And still Uruha went out. Three times a night. To that house. Always the same house.

You keep on talking but I'm not listening
I'll be the first to say I'm sorry just to be this to end

In the end, Aoi would still curl up behind Uruha, knowing that he wouldn't have him for much longer. He would whisper his apologies into his ear over and over again, until Uruha turned around. Until he would wrap his arms around Aoi, and then, and only then, would Aoi be able to forget what was going on behind his back. Able to forgive. Able to love.

I know that its strange that straight to this very day
I'll be the only one to say that I'm sorry without you

"I'm sorry," was all it took for Uruha to forgive Aoi. He knew that what was happening wasn't supposed to. He knew that Aoi never deserved what Uruha did; and as much as Uruha tried to talk himself into believe that it was Aoi's fault, he never believed a word of it. Throughout the night, they would hold each other. Both knew what was happening to them, and neither one of them wanted to let go. Neither one.