I'm at the hospital ✨

Start from the beginning

{time skip an hour}

Colby stayed by Sam, as the blonde slept peacefully. Jake left, but was soon replaced with Elton. Colby and Elton spoke about, well nothing in particular. Just anything that came to their mind they pushed through their lips, just to fill the silence in the room. After sitting there for about an hour, Sam started to wake up again. His little eyes opened, searching the room for his best friend. A small smile came onto his lips when he finally located Colby, who was sat in the chair on his phone.
"Welcome back, sleeping beauty," Elton smirked. Colby's head shot up to meet Sam's gaze and he instantly smiled and shut of his phone.
"Hey," Colby smiled. However, that smile disappeared almost instantly when Sam groaned in pain, squeezing his eyes shut and furrowing his eyebrows.
"What?" Colby asked. "What's wrong?"
"Is it your head?" Elton asked, Sam replying to the question with a small nod.
Elton said something about getting doctor noble and left the room. Colby looked down at his best friend, heart breaking.
"Right, budge over," colby instructed.
Sam looked up at him with confused eyes, but did what the brunette said, slowly moving over in his hospital bed. Colby sat down in the space Sam had created, swinging an arm round his friends shoulders. Sam instantly rested his banging head on Colby's shoulder, eyes squeezing shut once again at the pain. Colby bought one of his gentle hands to Sam's hair, running a hand through the soft locks, hoping to take some of the pain away from the blonde, who was obviously in agony. After a few moments, Doctor Noble came through the door.
"What's going on?" The man asked.
"His head," Elton said, as Sam didn't seem like he was going to give an answer, as he pressed himself more into Colby.
"I can give you some more pain relief, if you like Sam?" Doctor Noble asked, as he gently removed the white patch from Sam's head. Colby held in a gasp as he took in the injury. There was a big, gaping cut in Sam's skin that was oozing blood into the boys blonde hair. The doctor pressed his fingers to Sams head, causing the blonde to groan in pain and try to squirm away. Colby retracted the hand from the boys hair and instead ran it along sams shoulder instead, trying to calm him down. Doctor Noble finally lowered the patch back onto Sam's head once again and stepped back. He placed some more pain relief into the IV in Sam's hand, as Colby tracer circles on his friends arms. Sam just sighed, taking the oxygen mask of his face once more and snuggling into Colbys shoulder. "I'll try and trace the results of the head CT, just to make sure we haven't missed -"
The doctor was cut of though, by Sam's eyes falling shut and his body starting to shake in Colby's arms. Colby blinked, and suddenly was pulled off the bed by Elton and pulled back. The doctor rushed to Sam, pressing a red button on the wall and instantly the room was filled with nurses and another doctor. "Ok he's fitting let's get him on his side," Doctor Noble instructed. Sam was soon led on his side, still shaking. All Colby could hear was the alarming beeps of the heart monitor, getting faster and faster by the second. "Let's get some lorazepam, quick as you can please," the other doctor ordered, and a nurse went scurrying out the room. Another nurse held an oxygen mask to Sam's face, holding it there firmly. Finally, the nurse came back in with some lorazepam, giving it to the doctor who administered it into the IV in the blondes hand. Slowly, Sams fitting died down, his body going limp, his eyes closed. "Right, I want to intubate. The boy has serious chest trauma let's not discount that," doctor noble decided.
"You two, could you wait outside please."
Elton and Colby reluctantly walked outside, watching through the window.
"What - what just happened?" Colby blinked. Elton frowned at the younger and squeezed his shoulder. "Lets go and get a coffee, Colby," Elton decided. Colby let Elton drag him away from Sam's room. He was too shocked to protest, anyways.

{time skip}

Colby and Elton had both gotten a drink from the hospital cafe. They were just approaching Sam's room when they were met with a bed being wheeled out of the room. The bed containing a very very pale and frail Sam. He had a tube coming out his mouth, and a nurse was constantly squeezing a pump attached to that tube. Colby blinked, his heart plummeting. "W-where are you taking him?" Colby asked. Doctor Noble stepped out from the room.
"I'm afraid the results of the CT show a bleed on the brain. Unfortunately, Sams going to need surgery before it get's any worse," the man sighed.
"What? Now?" Elton asked, as Colby stepped towards the bed and grasped Sam's hand.
"I'm afraid it can't wait," was the doctors reply. Colby sighed, a tear falling from his eye as he took in the state of his best friend. He slowly leant down and pressed a gentle kiss to the blondes forehead, releasing Sams hand and standing back. The nurses continued pushing the bed away, and doctor noble followed. A kind looking nurse came up to the two males, taking in Colby's distraught face and Elton's worried one. "If you like, you can wait in the relatives room until he's done?" The nurse asked the both of them, to which they nodded. She led them down a small corridor, and into a room with a sofa and a station in the corner where you can make yourself a hot drink. She left Elton and Colby to it, patting Colby on the shoulder before walking away. Colby collapsed onto the sofa, his thoughts revolving around a blonde boy and the pain he was in.

{time skip 4 hours}

4 hours. 4 long, hours Colby and Elton sat in that waiting room. Neither could sleep, too worried about what was going on with their best friend to rest peacefully. Finally, the door to the relatives room opened, revealing doctor noble. He smiled sadly at the two males, Colby obviously was still upset, due to the tear tracks running down his rosy cheeks. "He's stable," the Doctor smiled. Colby let out a shaky sigh of relief, wiping his eyes. "We stopped the bleed, he's ok. He's in ITU, sleeping, but one of you can come sit with him. "You go, Colby. I'm going to call the others and update them," Elton said. Colby nodded, standing up and following doctor noble. They entered a lift, and the older male pressed a button which took them to level 5, the neuro ward. Colby stepped out into the room, following the doctor down some corridors before they came to a door marked "intensive care unit". Doctor Noble opened the door for Colby, beckoning him to go inside. Colby sighed with relief when he saw his friend. Sam was sleeping, an oxygen mask around his face and a white bandage around his small head. Doctor noble left Colby to it, leaving the room. Colby sat down in the chair next to Sam's bed, grasping his hand tightly, eyes filling with happy tears. Sam was ok. Sam was going to be ok.

An hour or so later, the anaesthesia finally wore off and Sam slowly opened his eyes.
"Hey.." Colby spoke, squeezing his best friends hand tightly.
"C-colbs," Sam whispered, his voice croaky from hours of not using it.
"Yeah, yeah I'm here," Colby smiled, stoking the back of Sam's hand.
"You scared me," Colby admitted honestly. Sam looked down at his other half.
"God, Sam. If I'd of lost you.."
Sam couldn't do much to comfort his friend, but he did give Colby's hand a weak squeeze as he shut his eyes. Colby knew Sam needed his sleep to recover, so after bringing Sam's hand to his lips and kissing it softly, he let his smaller friend drift back of into another peaceful sleep.

Wow, that was long one 😂

Ok, so firstly, STRANDED WAS INCREDIBLE OMG!! It was such an amazing series wowwwww 😍
And secondly, Colby's country song 😂
The boy can sing 😂
I can't stop listening to it lmao 😂
Anyways have an amazing day ily 💙