3. Well, that's what the future alpha thinks about it anyway!

I'd really appreciate it if you guys would vote!

*

Being an author, it's hard for me to not like my characters. Even then, I have mixed thoughts about Harper. I want to like him, but I just can't. You know what I mean?

Harper's explanation made me hate him a little less. What he and Natalie did was simply unforgivable but after this explanation, I could at least see where he was coming from?! Any thoughts?

*

Chapter Three: Well, that's what the future alpha thinks about it anyway!

For as long as I could remember, I have only seen my parents madly in love with each other. Sure, they had small outbursts and fights here and there, but on the whole, they were as loving as a couple could possibly be.

I can't stress enough upon the fact how their compatibility affected me and my siblings. We had experienced love first hand in our home which immediately made the three of us believe in it.

Just like how I feel up believing in love, maybe the same worked for Harper, but in a different way. It would be pretty easy for me to say that he should have learnt from their mistakes and a path of his own.

For once, if I could put myself in his perspective I think I could understand where he was coming from. He didn't know any better, he never knew things could be any different than his parents or his grandparents.

He was a misguided teen who had responsibilities of a whole pack thrust upon him from a very young age. He grew up believing that his life with his mate would be more than difficult. I can only imagine how frightened he must have been when he had found out that I was his mate. He knew having me as a mate only meant more complications, which he tried to avoid in his own twisted ways.

I could understand where he was coming from if I let go of everything for a few seconds and think everything from his perspective.

But that didn't mean that it made everything alright. I could explain the situation from different angles and excuse his behavior using various arguments but nothing could actually make me forget what he did.

Well, he wanted to hurt me and his mission was now accomplished.

I wanted to forgive him and let everything go as I looked into his soft green eyes, but that wouldn't be right. I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I let the bond work against me. I wouldn't let it blind me as it has done before on countless occasions.

I just couldn't forgive him, not right now, at least. The wound was too fresh.

And that's exactly what I told him. I looked into his green eyes, the very same eyes I had fallen in love with and told him," I just can't let go of everything that has happened, Harper."

My heart hurt because his face fell as soon as I said those words but I had to strengthen myself. I knew I would feel this way and I was prepared for it. It was high time that I put myself before the bond between us.

"If the child is yours Harper, I don't think," I took a deep breath and ran a frustrated hand through my hair," I don't think-"

"I understand!" He gulped and looked down, his muscles tensing at my words. "I think it would be best if we Natalie took a paternity test."

I knew what was Harper trying to do. He was desperate and was just grasping for straws now. Anything he could find which could still salvage him.

But that was the thing, I had no idea if we were still salvageable. I just didn't have the heart to tell him that.