Tonight We Celebrate!

Demi's POV
"Demi, come on! Live a little! Have some fun!" I heard Marissa yelling over the crowd of people here at the hottest night club in New York City.

"I don't know, Marissa. I really don't think this is a good idea," I said as she shoved another drink in my direction, " I have to be at work tomorrow first thing in the morning."

Tomorrow I am starting my new job at JoCo. Which is one of the fastest, growing companies, here in New York City. I went in earlier today for my interview, and got hired right on the spot. I was hoping to be interviewed by the one and only, Mr. Jonas, but apparently he was "too busy" to make an appearance at his own firm. You would think that he would want to be apart of the hiring process for his own Personal Assistant. You know, to see if him or her mesh well. Especially since this position had the responsibility of being Mr. Jonas' right hand man, well in this case, right hand woman.

I was already so very nervous about meeting, Mr. Jonas, and after I was finished talking to a few people at the office, it appears that most of the workers have absolutely no idea who Mr. Jonas is. Let alone, what he looks like, or where he spends most of his time. I find that pretty odd. How do you run a multi-million dollar company without showing your face? Some from the office even went as far to say that they heard Mr. Jonas was a very arrogant, self-centered man who is only concerned about adding those dollar signs to his bank account, so I am a little hesitant about meeting him. That is, if I ever do meet him.

"Dem, we have been waiting for this moment since we have moved out to New York! We are going to celebrate, damnit!" She yelled over the loud crowd of people, while taking a sip of her vodka tonic. I just laughed and shook my head while grabbing the drink and giving her a soft smile. She had a point. We moved out to New York City about eight months ago, and we have both been praying hard to land our dream jobs for quite some time now.About three months ago, Marissa landed her dream job as a columnist at Cosmopolitan, writing your latest "How To" sex articles. I have to admit, ever since Marissa got her big break, I have grown very envious of her. She is getting to do what she loves, she gets to meet all these remarkable people, and attend all of these extravagant events. She's literally living the life I have dreamed of for so long. However, as of today, I, Demi Lovato, have landed a damn good job, and I will be the new Personal Assistant for the, Mr. Jonas, who is one of the richest men in NYC, I might add. God, I hope he likes me, I hope we get along, and most of all, I really hope he doesn't make this new opportunity miserable. I snapped myself out of my thoughts before I started to get stressed out over all the possible things that he would or wouldn't like about me.

"You're right! This has been the moment we have been waiting for," I said as I lifted my drink to clink hers, "Cheers, my friend!"

Marissa and I threw back a few more drinks while I told her all about my interview. I rambled on about the huge projects that I was going to be able to be apart of, and I told her all about how I will have the opportunity to go and accompany Mr. Jonas on some pretty remarkable excursions. I even told her about how some of those excursions could possibly end up being all over the world.

"Don't you find it odd that most people in the firm have never met this, Jonas guy?" Marissa asked me with a wrinkled forehead. This look meant that Marissa was very weary of something, I know, because she gives me that look all the time whenever I mention something about Wilmer. Marissa isn't a big fan of Wilmer. Most people aren't. They all tell me that I deserve better or that I should be with someone my own age. Blah blah blah. Wilmer is only 12 years older than I am. That's not even that huge of an age gap. My family all thinks that he is too old for me, but I know what I feel in my heart and that is something that I don't want to give up on. He makes me feel safe, secure, beautiful, and most people have difficulty seeing that, even Marrisa.

"I do, but I am sure that I will meet him tomorrow. I mean he is a multi- million dollar man who travels the world, he probably had something come up." I simply said. " I mean if I had that much money, and had my own company named after me, I would assign a position where they take care of hiring all of the necessary people." I said with a laugh.

"I guess, I don't know. Sounds weird to me. Anyways, Lets go dance! I love this song!" Marissa said as she clutched onto my arm and dragged me out to the dancing floor. I giggled as I obediently went with Marissa to the dance floor. I have to admit, I was feeling pretty great right about now. I was ready to let loose, and have some fun.

We had a good run on the dance floor. Dancing to some of our favorite Pop songs, grinding up and down all over each other. I could feel the men in the club just staring at us, which I thought was funny. I sometimes felt uncomfortable when men undressed us with their eyes, but right now I was feeling sexy and was embracing it. A few even stammered over and attempted to dance with us, but every time they would run their hands up my legs and rest them on my hips I got weirded out. I knew if Wilmer was dancing like that with another woman I wouldn't be very happy. So I would politely move away and reposition myself so I was in front and dancing on Marissa.

After a good solid hour of dancing, I could tell I was running out of steam. It was as if all the liquor and dancing hit me all at once, like a ton of bricks. I moved forward and turned around to see a guy dancing directly behind Marissa. It looked like he was practically humping her. I gave her a weird look, leaned over and whispered into her ear, that I was ready to go. She gave me one of her ultimate, 'are you kidding me' looks, but nodded her head in agreement, grabbed my arm, and made her way off the dancing floor with me.

As soon as we got off the dancing floor we headed straight for the outside door, moving in and out of the massive crowd of people. While trenching through everyone, Marissa decided she wanted to start questioning my love life. Probably because she was pretty intoxicated right now, and when she drinks she loves to speak her mind.

"So what exactly is going on with you and Wilmer these days anyways? Are things still going smoothly or are you still a little unsure of everything, like we all are?" Marissa asked point blank as she looked at me quickly and then diverted her eyes back to the door that we were walking out of.

"Unsure? When have I ever been unsure? I think its always been all of you guys unsure, Mar. Things are actually going really good! We are supposed to head out this weekend for a romantic getaway. Wilmer is wanting to take me out to some surprise location to celebrate his film that is coming to an end and my new -" Just as I was about to finish the sentence, Marissa and I turned the corner and I crashed right into someone.

"Oh, im sor-" I stopped, lifting my head and looking directly up into the tall, thin, but muscular mans eyes. His arms caught ahold of my elbows, while mine grabbed on top of his forearm, sending a shock of electricity through my body. I was convinced that every single hair on my body had to of been standing up. As I stood there, like an idiot, I was at a loss of words, all I could do was stare into his dark, luscious eyes, with my mouth hanging open. He was like anyone I had ever seen before. Tall, mysterious, but handsome. Everything about this man was perfect. He had soft brown wavy hair, a short stubble grew thinly along his jawline, and his eyes were what spoke the most. There was something about them that made them sparkle. He quickly let go of me, smiled, and made his way around me, as I stood there just staring dumbfounded at what just happened.

"Uh, what was that?" Marissa said, snapping me out of my thoughts, giving me a smirk. Lifting one eyebrow up I gave Marissa a look as I linked arms with her.

"Let's just go," I said smiling as we started walking, "I have had enough for tonight." I said as I turned my head to look back behind me one last time, only to see, he, too was turning around at the same exact time. We both just stared for what seemed like eternity, but realistically lasted for only a matter of seconds before we continued to go in our separate directions.

Once we got home I found my way to my room, I stripped down to my t-shirt and panties and climbed into bed. I laid down on my back and began to think of my life and everything that was about to come with it. I thought about Wilmer and how much he has helped me love myself and how to be comfortable with who I am. I thought about Marissa and how we both are embarking on these crazy life adventures together, but most of all I thought of that same man down at the nightclub. Why couldn't I get my mind off of him? Who was he? Where was he from? Why did I feel a jolt of electricity run through my veins as soon as we touched? My mind wondered all about this man and I had one last question run through my head before my eyelids grew heavy and I passed out, will I ever see him again?