Chapter 13 - The Timeless World

I would like to dedicate this chapter to Astral_Drop for being the first person to support this story and inspire me to write even more. Thanks, girl. ❤️

Enjoy!

~~

Olivia can still remember her 10-year old self, the spritely little lady who always loved to run hiding from her scary cousin, Isaac, everytime she broke his lego robots. She would hide in the secret compartment inside her walk-in closet for hours until she hears Isaac's shouting cease.

Her father taught her to always go hide in their secret hiding spot everytime something bad happens, vaguely remembering her dad talking about the big bad monsters who will eat her head. And telling her that no one will find her there.

Sometimes, she would let Isaac accompany her when they hid from their parents especially that one time they broke the window with a huge boulder when Hayden failed to catch it with his head.

They hid in their for hours as her parents shouted their names. But just like her dad pinky promised, no one will find her there and he won't tell her mom about their secret hiding spot.

She loved the exhilarating feeling everytime she escapes from everyone. It made her feel safe and protected from the monsters, from her parents who would ground her from eating candies and from Isaac and his million tickles. It was her safe place.

And now, sitting in front of the green-eyed monster, all she wanted was to run and hide into her secret hiding spot. She felt the hot fury inches away from its source. It was like his darkness was seething into her skin, seeping through her flesh right through her bones, leaving chills in its trace.

"It's not what you think it is, Favre. " Isaac answered for everyone. His voice matched his tone of hostility, as if challenging him to make any step closer to Olivia.

"Then you better tell me what the hell that means because I am not here to waste my time waltzing in your lies, Winters. "

His body was flashing specks of blue lights seemingly like electricity cursing through his whole body. And the only interpretation Olivia could find was that, the boy is mad, he is fuming.

"First of all, we don't have to explain anything to you. If it isn't clear, you're not exactly welcome in here and you should have been proving us otherwise."

Isaac was seriously handling it pretty well more than her. He wasn't bothered by the heat radiating from his body in a dangerous spike nor by his deadly glare. He was equally deadly at the moment.

"Oh, I don't need your welcome, Winters, nor any of your approval. I came here for Olivia, who clearly want my help more than yours. So get your head out of your ass, news flash, you're just her annoying sidekick." Miles snapped equally venomous.

"That's enough." Olivia finally cut the thickening testosterone in the air as she stood in between them, who have been dangerously close to pouncing at each other. "You are not talking to him like that. And I didn't kill Elizabeth, not intentionally atleast."

She was breathing unevenly. It really took every ounce of her energy to hold herself down. She was trying to keep her calm no matter what. Petrified of her earlier outburst, she didn't know whether she can still stop herself if it happens the second time around.

Olivia was too preoccupied from her pile of frustrations, that she haven't noticed the blinding lights beside her. But when she finally did, her eyes widen a fraction from the sight in front of her. It was happening again. His hands were glowing as if waves of light radiated from his skin, producing white specks and electrifying blue sparks.