Chapter 15 - Relapse

It have been an hour since Miles have left. And an hour since Olivia have been trashing the place into a pile of shards and broken furnitures.

She tried everything in her power to phase herself or find a wormhole in her predicament. But everything had only led to nothing but exhaustion.

The cabinets were now upside down. Its drawers were out of its hinges as the books and accessories cluttered the floor like an aftershock of a tornado that massacred the whole place. But it wasn't enough to satisfy her anger.

The window slides were no longer on their sill. The mahogany door flew out of its frame and currently replacing the doormat as it lay horizontally on the linoleum floor.

The light flickered vigorously with every tremble and shriek. It was followed by the screeching of chairs as it flew to the far wall.

Olivia blew yet again an ear-spitting scream. And it filled the void. The sickening silence.

Shards of glasses scattered the floor like a beautiful mosaic art. Plethora of colors which had came from the remnants of the various ornaments in their living room. They were glowing under the light.

But despite the tragedy that mortified the living place, no disarray could compare to her disheveled figure. Her hair were all over the place like a haystack of golden threads. It stick to all places especially the strands stuck on her face due to the glistening sweat that had covered it. Her body was moving with every heave of breath, clearly from the energy that left her body after planning to dismantle the whole place.

But none of it helped. She was still there. Trapped in a dimension only one person knew. No chance of escape, no chance to call help, nothing. She doesn't even know how long it can go on, maybe it could even take years before Miles come back. And all she could do was wait.

She made her way to the staircase as she hopped and kicked between the wrecked up sofa and the shards of glasses and wood. It was almost impossible to see the floor beneath all the mess. The moment she finally reached the banister, she exhaled a long strain of frustration.

But before she could take a step further, an unknown force pulled her back abruptly. It took her breathe away as she flew backwards with no control over it. She screamed at the sudden jolt as she reached for anything to hold on, but failing miserably.

Her eyes widened as she took the scene in front of her. Everything was moving. The whole place was morphing back to their previous shape, all of it happening like a rewinded tape playing in front of her eyes. It all unfolded so quickly yet it felt so slow.

The shards of glasses came back one by one to the window pane reforming the form it had once. The furnitures dragged all over the place as it moved to their original positions, torn pieces of its leather sewing back on their own. The far walls that had been torn down to the ground was now back on its burgundy paint as if she hadn't turn it to dust just minutes earlier.

And with a blink of an eye, the chandelier was no longer shattered on the linoleum floor and the whole room looked brand new. The carpet beneath her feet was unscathed, no trace of her hostility can be seen in the place. The picture frames perfectly positioned in front of her, perched on the walls that weren't in there seconds ago. Everything was back to its place. It was as if she didn't throw an outrageous fit.

What just happened.

"Woah. You look... fantastic."

The sound resonated in front of where she had seated. Or where the force had thrown her. She knew who it was. But she haven't processed what happened yet. She can't move from her terrified expression, eyes almost out of her sockets, mouth slightly opened and her body tensed from the shoulder down.