Chapter 7 - Ring Off

"Come on, the guy looked like a hobo. Maybe even nutcase."

Hayden claimed after arguing with Isaac whether the boy that had occupied their morning was either good news or not.

She only rolled her eyes at Hayden's remark, clearly getting annoyed with the idiot. Hayden had always been the laid-back kind of guy but sometimes, he just takes it to another level.

It had been two hours since Miles had left, fashionably if she may add. And Hayden arrived just an hour after.

They knew it wasn't a good idea telling him about the incident but clearly they didn't have a choice about it.

She stood from the couch and reached for the abandoned and melted ice bag in the side table, it left a wet trail on the surface as she brought it to the kitchen for replacement.

Upon coming back, she glanced her way to Isaac, eyeing the darkening bruise on his forehead and cheek and the small torn on the sleeve of his shirt.

She threw it at him with a sigh, recalling the previous incident just for the laugh of it.

~~

"Oh hey guys!" A voice shouted from the doorway behind them and it made them pause at their conversation at the moment. They knew just from his voice that it was Hayden, and it was bad news.

She glanced his way to see him advancing towards them, clearly uninvited. He was wearing a dark green shirt with a few white symbols on the front. Although she couldn't see much of it as a black jacket mostly covered his chest. Finally, he paired them with dark wash jeans that looked so new as if he had just snatched it from the department store, along with the disturbingly white sneakers. He was clearly dressed up, compared to the both of them who were still in pajamas.

"Oh what are you making, my handsome brother?" He continued as the two only disregarded his first greeting.

She chuckled on his remark, clearly knowing he only calls his brother handsome due to the fact that they're identical.

But Isaac only rolled his eyes on him as he continues to spread the mayo on his sandwich.

"What are you doing here Hayden?" He sighed, disregarding his brother's obvious question and went straight to the point.

"Just visiting my favorite cousin."

He took the baked chicken from the plate in front of him as he smiled at her, taking his seat on one of the stool across them.

"But clearly you're both occupied, I could sense the tension from a mile."

He smirked seeing her reaction as she gasped with guilty eyes, confirming his accusation.

Isaac halted in his action, the butterknife hanging slightly in the air as he briefly composed himself. He thought he had mastered the skill of shutting out his twin, but clearly he had failed.

She thought of lying to the boy across her but she knew it would be useless. Hayden have a talent for discerning body language, and lying to him would only make the situation worse.

"Take the ring off brother." He instructed Isaac slyly as he took his own out of his ring finger, securing it on the side pocket of his black jacket.