Chapter 9 - Tales Of Miles Poppins

"Don't you know how to enter through a door?" Isaac exclaimed after he regained from his previous shock.

He might've witnessed the phase with his own eyes before but it never cease to astound him.

"Well, I do. But it wouldn't be as fashionable." Miles quickly retorted with a smirk residing on his face, clearly enjoying his annoyance.

He was wearing a casual gray sweater with light wash jeans. His damp chestnut hair was now combed to perfection compared to it's previous disheveled look, clearly fresh from bath.

The room smelled like spice and chocolate after his entrance, and the moment it filled her senses, she was mesmerized.

"What happened earlier?"

Her voice rang in the room as she had finally absorbed the situation and just soon after, she had recalled the strange occurence this morning.

"Nothing. Just a minor mishap." He brushed the topic away with his hand. His eyes were filled with humor at the moment and she wasn't sure if she wanted to change it.

"We finally met! I'm Hayden, that old grump's twin." He slyly introduced himself. He extended his arms for a handshake which Miles gratefully took but not before laughing at his insult.

"Miles, but I assume they already told you."

"Yeah, if only they did willingly." Hayden mused, clearly proud at himself as he glanced back to his brother who was still sporting the bruise on his forehead.

"Oh, I think we'll get along just fine. " Miles chuckled amused as he also notice the dark bulge on his forehead.

"Why are you here again, Mary Poppins? To continue your previous fairytale? "

Isaac snapped as he eyed the two of them with warning. He was done with their nonsense and he needed answers.

"Look, I know you're jealous with my awesomeness, but Olivia needs me. So don't act like I'm the one useless in here."

Miles was clearly in a good mood as he took his anger easily and with a shrug, he picked a book from the floor below him and skimmed through the pages, feigning interest.

Olivia only looked at the two of them as they banter like kids, however she could feel the tension slightly rising in the air as they exchanged insults, which she payed no attention at the moment.

"Excuse me? You think you're helping her? Well, in case you haven't noticed, you're the one complicating this and risking her life. If we don't know enough, maybe we will believe you're not here to bring danger." Isaac was now furious as he raised his voice, pointing him with such detestation, it was dancing in his eyes.

Now, Olivia was already looking at him. She rarely saw Isaac angry and it had always scared her. But before she could intervene, Hayden had cut in first.

"That's enough. Your stupid bickering isn't helping Olivia at all. She haven't even recovered from that sibling reunion nightmare, so don't worsen this by going Hulk on each other." He scolded the both of them as he faced his brother who was fuming in anger. But he knew Isaac would back off the moment his words will sink in.

"What sibling reunion?"

The voice had came from Miles. It was full of curiosity and confusion which was obviously evident in his features. He eyed her warily as he waited for an answer and soon after, their eyes met.