Neloth x curious Dragonborn reader

Requested!!!

You finally finished the quest Neloth had given you. You trudged back to his home and came to see him in his usual fancy robes. He was experimenting at the Alchemy Lab. You came up behind him and peeked at what he was working on. A strange potion, not a surprise, but it's color seemed off. It was a slimy green and not the leaf green color it should be. It's texture and consistency was completely off the charts as well. It was the literal brother of jello. He felt presence behind him and turned to see you.

"Oh, Dragonborn, it's just you. I thought there was yet another intruder." His red eyes gleamed a bit. "Did you retrieve what was listed?" You nodded and showed the object to him. He smiled and grabbed it. "Thank you so much Y/n! Speaking of which..... I might need another favor..." you gave a grumble. He had said the same thing over and over for the past ten quests.

"Can I at least rest a bit?" You asked. He nodded and gestured to a chair by the fire pit. You sighed with relief and sat down, cherishing such a moment.

"Could I offer you something to drink?" He asked as he sat in the chair by yours. You nodded.

"Alto wine please."

He gave a nod and rose from the chair, going to his cooking area and the shelf near it. He got a mug and the alto, pouring it carefully before putting the drink back. He walked over and handed you the drink. You thanked him and took a sip. He smiled at you. "So, how have your travels been?" He asked you.

"Decent I'd say. Not too many wolves out and thieves are rarely seen. The only real trouble I ran into was a frost troll."

"Did you get hurt?" He asked, black brows knitted together.

"Not that much. I'm fine, really." You reassured.

"I don't want to send you into a mission that could possibly get you killed. If you don't want to continue that's fine. You have a greater destiny than most. You need to keep your life." He seemed... sincere? Worried? You couldn't tell. He wasn't an easy person to read.

"No, no, that's alright. It's kinda what I do." You smiled softly. "But it's kind of you to care..."

He just gave a nod. "If you need anything else I'll be at my Alchemy lab.

~An hour later~

Truth was, he didn't go back to his Alchemy lab. You had asked for another glass of Alto and boom, the conversation started. You trailed from one topic to the next only for you to find that you two weren't as different as you thought. You had much in common with the dark elf, and he did with you. He found he actually enjoyed your company and same with you. Sadly, a danger was found in Whiterun so you had to leave. But you two kept in touch. You sent letters to each other to see how each of you were doing. And finally, you were able to go back to him. You knocked on the door and found the same old Neloth as if you had never left. To your surprise, he hugged you tightly. You of course hugged back. A hug had never felt so good in your life. You loved it... or did you just love him? You weren't sure.

As the weeks passed, you two grew closer to each other than ever before. You had to admit, you'd grown feelings for the old lug. You decided today would be the day of your confession. You stalked up behind him while he was working on a potion and spoke very quietly, "um.... Neloth? I need to speak with you..."

"Yes? What is it y/n?"

"U-uh...." you took a deep breath. "I've had feelings for you for a while and I just wanted to let you know..." you turned to walk away but he caught you by your shoulder. He turned you to face him and placed his lips on yours. You flared up and struggled in his grasp but he wouldn't release you. You eventually gave up and kissed back. He finally pulled away from you with a smile.

"Why, I've felt the same way."

Oof. Sorry it's a bit hastily written. I didn't know where to really go with it and it was also a bit rushed. But I hope y'all enjoyed it anyways! Adieu!!!

~Meyye