"wish you were here..."

9 months later

Kenzie pov

It had been nine months being pregnant and it had been one word- hard.

And through this whole thing, I had been living with my mom and Maddie because John's been busy at work. He's been going on conferences half the way across the world and hasn't had time to help out but as long as he's safe, I don't care whether he's helping or not!

Right now I was at home with Maddie, talking about tomorrow, when I was officially going to be a mom. 

"I can't believe it Kenz! I'M GOING TO BE AN AUNT!" she yelled in excitement.

"Well if you carry on like that I'm going to be looking after you and not the real baby!" I joked and she grinned.

"Did Johnny call?" She asked and my smile dropped as I shook my head softly. The last time he'd rung was two days ago. He probably doesn't even remember that I'm having a baby TOMORROW.

"Then call him!" She told me like I was an idiot.

"It's not that easy Madison. He's busy, otherwise he would've called, I know him." I smiled softly and she frowned at the 'Madison' part. 

"Well I think if he's about to be a dad then he should care mor-" she started but then my phone rang, silencing her. I looked at the screen and my heart stopped.

John😘

Maddie saw this too and she smiled.

"We'll pick it up you lucky little bitch!" She laughed and I answered the call.

J=johnny K=kenz 

K: Hey John

J: hey (sweetly)

K: well? r u excited? are you coming?

J: Kenz, I- I-

K: what's wrong? (Gets up and walks away from Maddie, into the kitchen)

J: Look I talked to the boss and he, well he doesn't sympathise with me leaving for a whole day...

K: But you're still coming right? You can't leave me with Maddie and Mom for the delivery day as well! John I'm sick of this! I get you're busy but it's like you're invisible! You've disappeared when I need you most! Don't you get it? I may try and be brave but I'm not! I'm so fucking tired of just waiting for you to come, okay? You're being a real dick!

J: (also losing his temper) Mackenzie, I am coming, just later okay! I'm coming after my shift is finished. At 4:30. I'll be there and I'll show you that you don't need to fucking go crazy  about me not being there! I left you with Mads and Melissa for a reason. I care about you.

K: I am not going crazy! YOU ARE MY HUSBAND AND YOU SHOULD BE HERE! YOU GET THAT? HERE! NOT AWAY IN THE MIDDLE OF MASSACHUSETTS, MILES AWAY.

J: (trying to calm Kenzie) Kenz you need rest okay, I'll see you tomorrow.

K: No, don't bother. If you care about your job so much then stay there. Bye.

I put my phone down and cried, I don't know what I'd just said or done to Johnny, maybe my hormones had gone weird but I'd hurt him and now, for all I know, he's probably not gonna come tomorrow, when I give birth to his child (gender is gonna be a surprise).

A flashback from 5 months ago appears in my head, when Johnny was home.

"Hey there bud, what's up?" Johnny asked my bulged stomach grinning. 

"Trust me, you don't wanna come out here, there's so much pressure at school and work and the biggest hard task is coping with your mad mommy," he told my tummy and I slapped his arm lightly.

"Mhm, mad mommy and stupid daddy!" I laughed and he chuckled and stood up and pressed his lips on mine and kissed me softly.

"I love you," I said against his lips.

"I love you too," he smiled and pulled away from the kiss but pulling me closer and I laid my head on his strong chest.

I missed him madly and I've just hurt him, like real bad.

I picked up my phone to call him back, to apologise but instead I open a new text from Annie on the chat.

AngelAnns🤪😇😂: I'm coming round in 10 to see my li'l cutess

KoolKarmaKenz🤪😇😂: Can't wait 💘💘💘

LightMindedLolo🤪😇😂: I'm coming too 🥺🥺🥺

KoolKarmaKenz🤪😇😂: yessss comeeee

BrightnessBlastBrynnie🤪😇😂: I'm down 👍

CalmingCarson🤪😇😂: Sounds like a full on get togeth 2 me

HeartAtPeaceHayden🤪😇😂: I'm coming, we'll miss John tho 😭

KoolKarmaKenz🤪😇😂:Nadia? You down?

NiceNotionsNads🤪😇😂: umm I can't 

KoolKarmaKenz🤪😇😂:what why?

NiceNotionsNads🤪😇😂: I'm kinda busy

KoolKarmaKenz🤪😇😂: w what?

John😘: She's busy okay? You don't need to know everything

KoolKarmaKenz🤪😇😂: whatever you say king Johnny 🙇‍♀️

Sorry this is after a long time, I was on writers block ☹️☹️