~ Chapter X ~

~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~

~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~

"But?"

"What do you mean by but?" I looked at him as if he'd lost his mind.

"I can detect hesitation in your voice" Law caressed my cheek, tenderly gazing at my confused eyes that were frantically searching for a spot to set on and focus only on that. "What is bothering you?"

"I-I...I was thinking about it for quite some time..." The golden orbs sucked me into a state from which it was hard for me to escape from. My mouth opened and closed when I didn't know how to respond, but then they uttered something I was prepared to keep for myself. "I still don't know anything about you." I breathlessly continued. "F-for instance. What you told me before. About humans. If you aren't one..." I gulped. "...Then what are you?"

Silence feel between the unreadable and patient expression. I was ready to retract and convince him to forget what I had said. "Look sorry for being too curious. I will never ask you this again, if that makes you uncomfortable..."

"I'm a god." His words were fluent and candid, with no trace of hesitation nor denial. It was like my entire opinion about him changed in that moment.

"What?" I caught myself sliding away from his grip as if a small volt electricity snapped my brain to function again.

"Me not being a human is the truth. I'm not part of the mortal realm, but still have the free will to roam through different places without being noticed by other spectators. I've been staying here just for a short amount of time." He bit his lip. "A month or so."

"And the thing...about you being a god...?

"God of storm, to be precise." Law sent me a worried look. "Are you ok? You seem a bit pale."

"No, it is just that...I don' t know if that will have any sense, but I think I had this feeling around you. A bit spiritual." I said as I nervously went through my hair and sheepishly tugged a small smile.

"You should sit down for a bit." Law suggested at the rock that stood merely two feet from us.

"No, I'm fine..." A shadow darkened my face as I set my jaw in a stubborn line. "Why haven't you told me anything before? Or at least given me some hints?" I huffed, throwing my cold arms around myself and rocking back and forth. "This is all too overwhelming, you know. Don't you have any sympathy towards me?"

"I didn't know you would even react in such a childish way." With that he grinned and ruffled my wet hair.

We were staring at each other for some time which strangely caused the awkwardness between us to completely evaporate. Then I suddenly asked: "Should I bow to you?" I shook my head and spread my hands to stop him from mending into my thoughts. "Wait, no, call you by a different name? How do these things even go? Is there even a ceremony when a god uncovers his true self? Should there be a sacrificial altar?"

His face cutely cringed, while he threw his hands up in the air in a gesture of utter exasperation. "You aren't serious are you?"

"Me?" I pointed at myself and my bewilder face. "Law, I've never been more serious. Now answer!"

"Look, I'm still the Law you know. That didn't change." He took my hands into his and combined our fingers together as he arched his eyebrows. "Please just forget about everything else and be with me, ok?"

"Why me?" I silently murmured. "Now that I know you are god, I feel even more worthless and less suited for you." I looked down at myself in dismay.

He yanked me up from my crunching position up to his chest and wrapped me around him. The raven was already all dried up, he probably used his powers I thought.

Law pressed his face to my hair and deeply inhaled but not before adding a sudden edge of anger to his voice. "Bullshit...If you love me, then stop complaining."

It was the moment both of us anticipated.

Reflexively I shut my eyes as his lips brushed gently over mine, sending shivers through me. I put my arms up, twining them around his firm neck, party to take the warmth from him and party to draw him closer. The black, silky hair under my fingertips tickled me as his hands moved down to my neck and gently caressed it in circular motion.

After what felt like an eternity, both of us parted our lips with flushed cheeks.

"I want to be with you. You are the first one that actually made me feel part of something. So, don't put yourself down for such dumb reasons. Ok?" Law's hand came up, stroked my hair back.

"Really?" I asked.

"Y/n, you are the most beautiful, the funniest and the clumsiest girl I have ever met, and that says a lot considering the fact that I'm a god and stuff like that... And that I lived for a long time. "

I lightly hit him while biting my lower lip, that was slowly arching towards my cheeks. "Now you are just bragging... Old man." I joked and in return, I got a poke on the forehead, which caused me to yelp in surprise and mischief.

"You earned that." His eyes glimmered as his hand proceeded to touch my skin lightly until it reach the base of my collarbone. "Now answer me this...Can I be with you? Do you give me the permission to officially call you mine?"

I crunched my face. "Ugh, I don't know...Why should I?" I twisted my face from his, giving him the impression of being caught in deep thinking. "Give me a minute." I amended.

I could see the nervousness in his eyes and noticed the anxious stare that he was sending me. I decided to stop the tormenting and just...reveal my emotions.

"Tell you what." I extended my pinky and hopefully looked at him while I cheekily grinned. Just one alteration in expression on my face, relaxed his muscles as he waited for me to continue. "If you kiss me again, the I'll gladly bestow you my permission."

Law raised his hand, doing the same as I did in sign of promise . His eyes lit with a fiery golden glow as he tackled us down to the floor, safely caging me into a hug. "It's a deal, Y/n-ya."

During one of the many kisses that would follow the days ahead of us, glimmering sparks wept the sky, bursting through the night, brilliant inks of light on a canvas of stars.

And it is meant just for the two of us.

~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~

To be continued ...