~ Chapter IV ~

~~~

~~~

"Took you long enough." The annoyed voice commented, the owner of it not even turning towards my direction, only ignoring the wholly existence of my presence.

I bit my lip, stopping myself from a cynical reply and only rolled with my eyes. "Well, excuse me if following a fox is considered normal to you."

Breath Y/n. Damn, what made you so pissed all off a sudden?

"Here." I nudged the neatly folded kimono towards the raven, fresh smell of soap still present from washing the stains. "I cleaned it to perfection so..."I hurried on, with a hot blush. "Thank you for saving me or whatever..." I mumbled the last part with an enormous speed, silently hoping he didn't hear me.

"Good." He murmured, the wrapped cloth now rising from the palms of my hands into the air and steadily floating to his side.

Just...breath...This is NORMAL...You aren't losing your mind...Ok? This is ALL NORMAL...

After painful minutes, Law finally decided to face me fully, granting me the troublesome attention.

We stared back at each other for what seemed like hours until I conclusively dropped my gaze. "O-ok, so if that's it...I'll just go." I spoke with a quieter voice, subconsciously fidgeting in place. He had the kind of face that stopped you in your tracks and forget about everything.

But don't forget, Y/n ! He is an egotistical, self-centered...-

His monotone voice lingered between us as he coolly replied, not even twitching with a single facial muscle. "You can't."

"..." My voice trailed slowly, dumbfounded as well visibly surprised. "What?"

Law didn't seem fazed by my reaction. He simply shrugged, propping his head in hands, while leaning on a tree. "You know what I did yesterday. You are going to inform others, aren't you?"

"I-I didn't even think about something like that..."

"Liar." He yawned, half closing his eyes, the dark bangs under it more evident.

I stomped with my foot into the floor, pouting like a small child. "Am not!"

"All humans are liars."

"Well then, Mr. Honest, I am the first one who isn't." I concluded, waiting for his further, falsely made accusations.

Side note, the next time you see him, ask him what he meant with 'all humans'.

Narrowing his golden orbs at me, Law caught my gaze and looked me directly in the eye.

"I need to make a precaution then."

"W-what precau- " I held my breath as the raven leaned down and tentatively pressed his soft fingers to the nape of my neck. My head would have gone crazy if it weren't for the unexpected clack. "W-what are you doing?"