I tried to keep calm before the barking dog but to everyone's surprise, the canine ended up wagging their tails, showing their submission to me. My racing heart speeds up at the sound of Noah Stilinski's voice.

"Hang on, this one is one of mine..."

I hung my head, clearly feeling the disappointment in his voice. I couldn't face him, even as Stiles came running over to us.

"Juliette, are you okay?" Stiles asked.

"So do you listen to all my phone calls, Stiles?" Noah asked calmly to his son.

"No," Stiles answered, "Well, not the boring ones."

"Why did you have to drag Juliette into your usual antics?" Noah continued, "Where is your usual partner?"

Stiles helped me up from the leaf-covered ground as he answered, "You mean Scott? He's at home, sleeping. He wanted to get a good night's sleep before practice. Just me and Juliette... In the woods... Alone."

I wanted to slap my forehead so hard at his last statement, but I was a blushing mess at the implication one would get from the statement alone. How I would love it was for that reason we were here, but no, we are here because Stiles is crazy.

"Scott!" Noah called out, flashing his flashlight over our heads, "You out there?"

"He's not here, Mr. Stilinski..." I finally spoke up, "We're sorry. I just wanted to hang out with Stiles a bit before school starts up again."

Noah sighed before motioned us to follow him, "Come on, I'll escort you two to the car..."

---

After a long talk with Mr. Stilinski, he agreed to keep tonight's hiccup between the three of us, which I was glad about. The last thing I needed was for my mom to freak out. She knows I can keep myself safe, but she still worried about me.

Stiles drove me home as soon as we were free to go. I was leaning on the door as he drove. Tonight was not the best experience I have had, nor was it worse, but I was done with the night. It was nearing midnight when we got to my place. It was a two-story house with a lot of land around, as it leads into the preserves. Dad's gift to mom when he found out I was born.

"Are you okay?" he asked.

I hummed at him, snapping out of my thoughts, "What? Oh, yeah... Just really tired."

"Sorry about ruining girls night..." he apologized.

"Again..." I sighed.

"...Again," he repeated, "I wanted to include you in our adventures."

"I know you meant well," I sighed, finally looking over to him.

The car stopped and he looked over to me. His brown eyes always seemed like they were shining to me. Like it was always trying to make a plan to everything. Even his freckles got to me, as I looked at his face. It didn't take long for my eyes to land on his lips, but I caught myself quickly as I cleared my throat.

"Thanks for the ride," I spoke out.

Stiles nodded, "Sure thing. Do you want me to pick you up for school?"

I grinned at him and nodded, "I'll be waiting for you."

Giving him a quick hug before climbing out of his car and crossing across the yard to the front door. I knew mom was not inside due to having a late-night shift and won't be back until after I leave for school. So I just entered my empty home and began to climb my stairs when a howl stopped me in my tracks. My eyes flashed at the sound, calling me to go follow, but I shut my eyes closed and shook my head to gain control over my wolf.