"Just hurry up!" he stated before hanging up.

I looked at my phone as I gasped, "He hung up on me!"

"I'm guessing this is the end of our girl's night?" Lydia asked, pulling out her own phone.

I groaned, "Yeah..."

Lydia shrugged, "Nothing new, well have fun with your boy toy."

"He's not my boy toy," I gave her a look, "I'll see you tomorrow at school."

---

"How do I find myself in these situations?" I asked as I held one of the flashlights that Stiles had provided us for his prompt to body searching in the middle of the night at the preserves.

In the end, Stiles had used his secret weapon on me. I couldn't resist his chocolate-colored eyes when he gave me his puppy dog eyes.

"I ask myself that question every day when it comes to Stiles..." Scott answered.

I sighed as I followed the boys.

Really it was more like Scott and myself following Stiles. I stuck to Scott's side as he had asthma. 

I couldn't abandon him even if the excitement was too much, coming from Stiles. Scott was giving off nervousness, which was adding to my own nerves as well.

I pulled my jacket tighter around my body as I kept looking around us. Something about the preserves at this moment was giving me the worst vibe. Like something was out there, but with the number of officers searching the area, it didn't help pinpoint what or who it was.

"I don't like this one bit..." I whispered, "I swear if my nails get ruined because of this, I'm killing you, Stiles."

Scott sent me a small smile before calling over to Stiles, "Out of curiosity, what half of the body are we looking for?"

"Huh..." Stiles paused a moment, "I didn't think about that."

"Remind me never to agree on another Stiles Adventure ever again," I rolled my eyes at his response.

"And ah..." Scott laughed to himself, "What if whoever killed the girl is still here?"

"Nope," I stopped walking, "That's where I call it a night, I rather wait in the car."

"Come on, Juliette," Stiles turned around, flashing his flashlight up at my eyes, I raise my free hand up to block it, "Don't wimp out on us just yet! Don't you like to have great hearing and could smell things we can't? You can warn us before anything happens."

"It's not called being a wimp, it's called being smart and loving the fact that I am still ALIVE!" I exclaimed loudly for him to get the point.

Stiles lowered the flashlight and made his way next to me, "We'll keep you safe, I promise. Come on, Juls..."

Letting out a deep sigh, I agreed against my best judgment as I allowed Stiles to lead us once more. We began to climb a steep hill, which worried me when I noticed Scott lagging behind to get his inhaler out. I waited for him to catch his breath before climbing the rest of the hill, only to be pulled down to the ground.

"What the hell, Stiles," I hissed, rubbing my elbow that landed on a rock.

"Sorry..." he gave me a half-smile, trying to play innocent.

All three of us watched ahead as the officers were making their approach on us. With a quick encouragement to follow, Stiles began to run off. Mad, I gave chase. As much as I wanted to stop to allow Scott to catch up, she wanted to stop Stiles from doing something stupid. That only ended with her tripping on a root, and soon leading to being caught.