Chapter 55

2 Months Later

"Eli hurry up you're going to be late!" I screamed at her. I ran back to her kitchen and grabbed my phone that was charging on the counter. A few seconds later and I heard Eli shuffling through the hall. When she came through the door way she was in black basketball shorts, a black Nike tank top, a black Nike headband that tied around her neck and some Nike basketball shoes with black Nike socks. She was total black out and totally Nike'd out. It was kind of hot. She had her backpack on her left shoulder and she was digging through it like the thing didn't have a bottom.

"Babe what are you looking for?" She didn't look up at me. She just dropped her bag on the floor and knelt down to keep looking through it.

"I can't find my lucky headband. I just had it. Where the fuck did it go?" I wanted to laugh but I knew she'd get mad. I walked over to her and knelt down in front of her. And put my hands on her shoulders.

"Eli?"

"What?" She was still digging. Now I was laughing.

"Why are you laughing? This isn't funny. I need it." I kissed her forehead and then pulled the headband off of her neck and over her head. I held it up between my fingers and watched her eyes glare at me. I smirked at her, and then saw the corners of her mouth turn.

"Shut up." She laughed

"Why are you so nervous? These games don't even really count."

"It's the first game of summer leagues. I've never even played with these girls, I don't know they're plays and if coach is..." I didn't let her finish. I closed the distance between us and kissed Eli on the lips just to shut her up. I pulled back and looked at her green eyes.

"Eli it's going to be fine. I know I haven't seen you play but you've been dragging me to the court every day since track ended. I know you're going to be amazing." Eli just smiled at me and gave me another kiss.

"Come on we better go before I make you miss your game." Eli smiled, took the headband out of my hand and started putting it on. She pulled her hair up into a pony tail, exposing her bare neck. I bit my lip. When Eli saw me, she smirked then her hand on my lower back and pulled me in for a kiss. She ran her hand down to my butt and gripped it. She bit my lip then pulled back. She looked at her watch and screamed.

"Hurry up what are you doing we have to go."

"You ass." I laughed. She pulled me up, grabbed her back pack and we walked out the door. This was going to be a fun summer.

As Eli drove to the gym I couldn't help but stare at her. She was just so perfect.

"Why are you staring at me?" she asked staring at the road.

"Because I love you. And I will never let you go. You keep me sane and you keep me safe. I am completely in love you with you." Eli put her hand on my thigh and looked at me.

"I'm so helplessly in love with you too." I leaned over the center console and gave her a kiss on the cheek. I saw her yellow eyes flash at me for a second before she turned her attention back to the road.

"Well I guess we're going to be late to the game now." I gave her a confused look.

"Why?"

"Because I'm going make you scream in my back seat."

"Shut up and drive. You have a game to play."

"Fine. But after?" I saw her glowing eyes giving me a cocky little smirk.

"Yes." I laughed.

                                                                    -----------------------------------

After my party things with Eli and my parents got a lot better. If anything, my parents like her more than they like me now. It makes me really happy that they get along. Molly and Lucy are still dating their baseball guys and it looks like they're really happy. We went to all of the baseball games after I got ungrounded.

Will and I are on great terms. He's still one of my best friends. The crazy thing is that Will is actually dating Jenny now. I first found out about it after my party. Eli said that Will was there with some girl that looked familiar, but she couldn't place her. We sat in my room on my bed going through the entire yearbook before Eli finally said

"That one the blonde one. That's the girl that was with Will." I gave her an annoyed look.

"What?"

"You're such an idiot." I rolled my eyes and laughed

"What? Why?"

"That's Jenny. She runs track with us. You have a class with her. You yelled at her one time. She does hurdles Eli."

"What can I say baby. You're the only girl I notice." I rolled my eyes again and pushed her off the bed. She fell with a thud and then jumped back on the bed and pinned me down with my hands above my head. Things got a little heated after that needless to say.

Either way I'm happy for Will. I hate that I put him through so much. He deserves to be happy, and Jenny is one of the best people I know. She really is.

Track season ended but not as well as we had hoped. Our relay team made it past district, but not any farther. Eli and I both went to state for long jumping. We both placed but not very high. I got 4th and Eli got 5th . The girls we were going against were jumping high 17's. Its' okay though. Next year, senior year, is going to be great. We're all practicing really hard this summer. We have summer track and all of Clarkes workouts that she made for us to do all summer. Even Lila has been working out with us. After my party Lila started being really nice to Eli and I both. She wasn't being a bitch. She wasn't taking shit about us or anything like that. At first it was creeping Eli out. She said she liked it better when Lila was being a megabitch. I kind of liked this new side of Lila. It made me feel like maybe one day we could actually be friends. I mean if my mom could come around and start to accept Eli then anything is possible.

When I first met Eli, I didn't know who I was or where I belonged without Will. Eli helped me find myself and become the person I never thought I could be. She also showed me that I was capable of caring about someone more than myself. I never thought that I would care about her this way, or this much. Its exhilarating. When I'm with her I feel like everything is right. Like everything is the way it should be. I don't know what the future holds for us, but I know that after everything we've been through, we can get through anything that comes our way.