Chapter 7

"Alright Ladies we've got four 400's, three 300's, two 200's and two 100's. Pair up and get to it." Coach Clarke said to all of us. The way two for Tuesdays works is it doesn't matter who runs what as long as you have a total of whatever it is she said we needed to run.

As soon as Clarke was done telling us the work out Eli just gave me a look. I just shook my head. I was already so tired from waking up this morning, plus the entire day I was trying not to stare at Eli while we were in class. There was just something about her. I couldn't say what it was though. She was just magnetic.

"So how do you want to do this?" Eli asked me when coach was done talking.

"Umm we can just even out the 400's I'll do two and you can do two." She said adjusting her pony tail.

"Yeah sounds good. I'll do the 300's if you do the 200's and then we can both do a 100." I said to Eli.

"You sure you want to do all the 300's? That's a lot." She asked with concern full in her voice. I liked the thought of her caring about me.

"Yeah its not a big deal. Coach has made me do worse. One time I mouthed off and she made me run timed 400's until my ass cramped so bad I couldn't stand anymore." I said laughing. Eli just laughed me.

Eli ran the first and third 400 while I ran the second and the fourth. We ran both of our 400's in 58 seconds about. I was dying. My legs were stiff and I couldn't catch my breath. As soon as I'd finished my 400 I had to start the three 300's I said I'd do. I was still down with my hands on my knees when Clarke blew the whistle.

"You good?" Eli asked as she put her hand on my shoulder. Her touching me kind of freaked me out and so I jumped a bit when I felt her hand.

"Yeah I'm good. Just woke up too early." I said as I started walking to the starting line. Eli just shook her head. As I walked up to the starting line I saw Lila smirking at me. She hadn't run any of the 400's, her partner Jacky did. I felt bad for her, I know it must suck to get paired up with Lila.

"You tired Thea?" she said mockingly. I wanted to hit her. I just looked at my spikes. I was going to kick her ass. As soon as Clarke blew the whistle I took off. I had a second wind. I left Lila in the dust behind me. She was so damn slow. I was on the last hundred when I started feeling it. My lungs felt like they were going to explode, but there was no way I was going to let Lila catch up. I finished out the 300 and almost collapsed at the finish line.

"Damn Grant you ran like you stole something. 40 seconds." Clarke laughed.

"You know what you and Eli only have to do one more since you hauled it." Clarke said laughing as she looked at the stop watch. I just put my hand in the air for a thumbs up. I was laying on the track at this point trying to stretch out my legs before they started cramping. While on the ground I felt a shadow come over me. I opened my eyes and saw Eli crouching down above me.

"What got into you?" She asked. Her knees were on either side of my head and she was a bit too close.

"Lila... Pissed me... off." I breathed out.

"Haha oh I got you. Bet I can make her look worse than you just did." Eli said with a little grin that made me laugh. I sat up and looked at her.

"Wanna bet?" I asked

"Alright your on. Whats the bet."

"Loser buys the other a smoothie after practice."

"You're on." She said as she stuck her hand out to help me up. Even though we agreed that I'd do the 300's we had a bet going on and now we only had to do two. I watched as Eli walked up to the starting line. Lila gave her a dirty look when she walked up. Eli just turned to me and gave me that little smirk.