chapter four

ethans pov:

the boys' conversation about harry and y/n die down so i motion simon to follow me. i head into the lounge and sit down on the couch, simon next to me.

"so whats up?" simon says, breaking the silence

"y/n.. i think im in love with her.. but harry.."

y/ns pov:

trying not to wake harry, i get out of bed and go to the bathroom. i brush my teeth before taking a quick shower then heading back into harrys room. i steal one of his nike hoodies and put on my black jeans and head down stairs. i stop in my tracks after hearing ethan and simon. i decide to hide a little and listen closer.. not preparing myself for what i was about to hear..

"y/n.. i think im in love with her.. but harry.."

my jaw dropped..

oh no..

"maybe you should tell her?" simon says

"maybe.. but she'd most likely tell harry. god knows what he'd do to me si.."

"true.. how long have you been feeling like this?"

"since we first met i-.. y/n..?" ethan says, locking eye contact with me

"shit" i whisper to myself. quickly i run upstairs into harrys room, tears forming at the brim of my eyes and lock the door.

harrys pov:

im woken up by y/n running through the door, almost crying. i shoot up and she jumps into my arms, immediately letting loose and sobbing as soon as she meets my arms..

"hey hey hey, whats wrong?" i say softly as i play with her hair.

"i-i dont know i-if i can tell y-you h-harry.." she manages to reply

"y/n.." i pull away and look her in the eyes..

god i hate seeing her cry. seeing her like this, makes me wanna cry too. i swear to god if anyone hurt her, theyre dead.

"what happened?.. please talk to me.."

i pull her towards me and hold her tight and close,
playing with her hair.

"e-ethan said h-hes in love with m-me" she blurts out

"what?!" i reply, anger forming inside of me.

she slowly calms down and sits on me; straddling me.

"harry lewis, calm down. please" she says softly, holding my face.

i dont know what it is about her, but something made me feel safe.. and okay.

"please let me talk to him" i finally reply

"you know the rules, no shouting or violence. promise?" she gives me puppy eyes, holding out her pinky.

we used to do this when we were little, and once you pinky promise, theres no going back.

i softly chuckle and lock our pinkies.

"i promise. now put on some tv and i'll be back up in a minute cutie" i say walking out the door, closing it behind me, not realising what words just left my mouth.

y/ns pov;

"i promise. now put on some tv and i'll be back
up in a minute cutie" he says before leaving.

i feel a grin creep up on my face.

he just called me cutie.. oh my god.. do i make
a move? do i pretend i didnt hear? uhhh, just ignore it y/n. he probably didnt even mean it. stop getting your hopes up.

my grin turns into a frown as i sigh and slouch into harrys bed. i grab the remote and watch 'friends'
to cheer me up.. not realising what was gonna happen next..