Chapter 35 Bestfriend

On the drive home the atmosphere was so much different. It was light and happy. You could practically FEEL the joy bouncing off of us by Melody's good news.

"So... did you think I would'nt pick up on it ?" Logan said with a smirk , eyeing me from the driver's seat.

"Pick up on what ?" I said innocently and oblivious.

"You know what I'm talking about. "

"I honestly don't know what you're talking about." I said folding my arms while he pulled over .

"Oh come on Amaya , did you really think I wasn't going to pick up on you calling me your boyfriend ? "

"What ? You are my friend. And... you're a boy. What's wrong with that ?" I said still playing dumb .

"You did not just friendzone me. " he said raising his brow.

"What -" I said right before he leaned in and his lips collided with mine. Pulling back he portrayed  that infamous smirk of his as he knew he won .

"That's okay. You don't have to say it. Just know that I think of you as my GIRLFRIEND too. And not in the friend way." He said right before we pulled away again. He knew that he had won . When I kissed back I didn't mean it as friends. He was my boyfriend and I was his girlfriend and it made me happy to hear those words come from him. It's just... a little harder for me to admit it to MYSELF that I love him that much already.

***
"Hey , I'm off to youth group . You gonna join or ..."

"I'd love to but I've got this big Econ test tommorow that I really need to study for some more. But if you need me I'll happily join you ?"

"No it's fine. You get to studying I've got this." I said,  grabbing my bag and heading over to church. 

The whole vibe at youth was alive and welcoming. It was like everyone was FEELING the truth I was pouring out. Like an experience that's hard to put into words unless you were there yourself.

"And I know it's hard. I know it's tough. No one said life was going to be easy. But you know what ? We've got a God who's one the throne and WHO is IN. CONTROL !  So no matter how big the fight you're in, no matter how HIGH that mountain is. You've got a God who is HIGHER ! He won't put you through it if He wasn't going to BRING YOU through it . You just gotta keep believing. Faith like a mustered seed , Luke 17 :6 Can MOVE A MOUNTAIN . So why are we worried ? Why are we stressed?  Just surrender it all and let God handle it. Let go. AND LET GOD. Have a wonderful week everyone . See you next week. "  I said , closing my Bible and my notes. I had no idea where that overwhelming power came from. But , I knew it was the Holy spirit leading me through that. It had to be one of the BEST youth group services I've had this year and I just pray that everyone took something from that. That they understood where I was coming from and that they took it all in .

Packing up my bag I see Savannah rush over to me while I gave her a hug.

"Hey girl ! How's it been !? I haven't see you since we wrote Business Ethics together. I've missed you !"

"Aaw , I've missed you too Sav. Yeah , finals got us all a bit crazy. Atleast I've only got... Maths and English Literature left. So that's good . What about you ?" I said while we walked out .

"Yeah Maths and English Drama . "

"Cool..." I trailed off while we walked over to my car.

"So ! What's this I've been hearing about YOU and Mr Bad Boy!?" She said squealing loudly.

"Shh!!" I shushed her with a smile " and his name's Logan,  you know that. Yeah... we've kind of started dating. " I said sheepishly while she almost screamed my ears off.

"No way ! I told you , you were a prefect match . Since when ? I want to know EVERYTHING !?"

"There's not much to tell yet ... but it happened at Prom. We went as friends and some how ended up slow dancing and one thing lead to another and I ... kind of kissed him. "

"YOU kissed HIM !?"

"Yeah so ?"

"I mean , girl power to you . But I never knew you had it in you." She said lightly shoving me while I tried to hide my smile yet it was hopeless .

"Thanks."

"You know , I heard Jenna said she saw the two of you kiss but I was like ' no way she's fresh out of a breakup ' and Jenna was like' it's called a rebound duh ' and then I was like -"

"He's not my rebound Sav." I said just above a whisper making her stop mid sentence.

"What ?" She said confused.

"I said ; he's not my rebound. I think I might actually like him. Like , like him like him. More than friends. And not because of Aiden." I said honestly.

"Aaw that's so sweet. I'm so happy for you sis. You know , I wish someone felt that way about me."she said a little dishelved.

"Hey , but what about Chad ? I thought you liked Chad? " I said trying to cheer her up.

"Yeah... I mean , Chad's so nice but... he'll never go for someone like me."

"What do you mean ' someone like me ' ? Sav you're amazing! Any guy would be LUCKY to have someone as wonderful as you. "

"Yeah I guess you're right... just not Chad. He's TOO good for me. I mean , Captain of the Football team , Church lead guitarist AND head of church missionaries ? That's some high standards. "

"But have you talked to him yet ? What about Prom? "

"Prom was set up through our mother's. Silly I know. The Captain of the football team could've gone with any one of the other MILLIONS of girls that probably asked him out . Yet , he got stuck with me the whole night. Normal , Average , me." She said ,taking a seat on the grass .

"Hey , my bestfriend is not Average. And my bestfriend is NOT going to talk bad about herself like that. So either you get up and do something about that or I will ."

"And what do you suppose I do about it  Maya ?" She said looking up at me through the hair falling over her eyes.

"Call him. Talk to him . You're never going to know what he thinks of you until you ask . " I said,  putting my hands on my hips to show I was being completely serious.

"But -"

"No more buts. I'm going to get into my car now and go home. And when I get there I expect a phone call from you with how it went. Understood? "

"But -" 

"Nope. Bye !" I said,  running off to my car and leaving her confused and calling after me .

I don't really know what to think of this one ... writing with a headache might not have been one of my brightest ideas... but oh well. I hope you enjoyed it. Thank you so much for reading. Remember to leave your thoughts in the comment section below. Until next time, keep howling my wolves ❤🐺