Chapter 26 The boy next door

*recap *
---------------
"But I thought you liked Amber ?"

"It's you I like Amaya. It's always been you." He said right before he leaned in and his lips touched mine.

*end of recap *
---------------

*Amaya's POV *

It all happend so fast. My brain couldn't even comprehend what it was doing. Realizing how wrong this was, I lightly shoved him away - thankful that he got the message - as he looked down at me with a smile. While I on the other hand was feeling guilty and disgusted at myself for what I just did , and the way things went down.

"I've always liked you Amaya. And moving back and seeing you again made me realize that. "

" Stop . Please Shawn , don't do this. " I pleaded while taking a retreating step back , distancing us.

"But I have to tell you how I feel Maya . I can't bare to see you with Aiden. It hurts so much when you're constantly talking about how great he is and how much you love him . To see how you smile when you think of hi-"

"That's because he's my BOYFRIEND !" I said a little louder than I intended to before taking a deep breath and calming myself. "He's my boyfriend Shawn. And that's how it's supposed to be . I thought my best friend would atleast understand that."

"But I can't!" He yelled , getting upset.

"Well why not !?"

"Because he's not right for you Amaya! Can't you see that!?"

"Ho-how can you say that ? I thought you were my friend ? I thought that you knew how much I cared about Aiden and atleast granted me to be happy ? I thought that's what friends were supposed to -"

"Then I'm not your friend Amaya !" He burst out , making me stop and look at him. Yeah , he was hurt and that's partly the reason why he was saying these things . But couldn't he hear himself ? Hear how absurd he was being ? And selfish?

"I can't believe you're saying that. " I said hurt , turning away from him. I couldn't stand to look at him if this is the road he's choosing to go down.

"Me neither . But if this is what it takes for you to see that I'm the one you're meant to be with , then so be it. "

"Why now ? Why bring this up after I'm finally happy and have a boyfriend who loves me ?" I ask , just above a whisper while I hear him take a seat behind me.

"Because... I guess it took me seeing you happy and having a boyfriend to realize how much I loved you." He tried reaching for me but I only pulled away , wrapping the towl tighter around my body.

"You know this isn't right, yeah? "

"What does it matter if something is right or wrong? Isn't all that matters how right it feels ?"

"No ! No it doesn't. And the fact that you're saying this makes me believe that you're NOT the same guy I grew up with. He would never put his heart over his head like this. "

"That's because I'm NOT the same person anymore Maya , don't you see that? " he said , trying to make me look at him but I knew the moment I turned around it would be over. Yeah so I had a crush on him when we grew up , but don't we all have a crush on one of our closest friends atleast ONCE in our life ? It's called a childhood crush for a reason. It's meant to stay there , in your childhood. I realized that the moment he moved away . Sure I was sad and upset at first but that just made me see that he was maybe just never meant to be more than , the boy next door.