Chapter 13: A Very Different Digital World

She couldn't even scream she was falling so fast. She didn't even have time to think as she felt her body hit the water hard and plunge underneath the waves. She coughed and quickly held her breath realizing what was happening. She had to get back to the surface. She started swimming up faster and faster until she felt another body pull her through the water quicker until they were up at the surface.

Sora began coughing and managed to open her eyes wiping away the water to see she was in Tai's arms.

"You okay?" He asked also coughing out some water.

She nodded out of breath. "Yeah, I'm so sorry, I didn't see that fall coming." She looked over to see Izzy and Mimi floating and deeply breathing a few feet away.

Izzy was looking up at the cliff they had just plunged off of. "All I know is that we are extremely lucky that that cliff was not any higher and that this water is as deep as it is."

"We should have packed extra clothes…" Mimi said with a sigh.

"Neither of those things matter right now. Let's just worry about getting back onto land. I'm sure there are sea monsters in this ocean that would love to attack us." Tai said taking charge as Sora felt his arms slip away from her and he began to swim towards the edge of the cliff. "If we follow this we should find some land that's at sea height."

They agreed and followed along the rocks at the edge for a while until they came onto a sandy beach. Sora remembered how they had also fallen off a cliff the first time they had gone to the digital world, only this beach wasn't the same one they had been at before. There were no telephone poles or bright skies. In fact it reminded her of how Tk had described the beach from the dark ocean he had saved Kari from. It was the dreariest beach she had ever seen. Even the shells along the sand were cracked and looked dead.

"Thank god. I can't move another muscle." Mimi said as she pulled herself up onto the shore and laid down in the sand. She shut her eyes. "I just want to sleep."

"We do need a break." Tai agreed taking a seat on the sand. The sun was setting so it was clear the day was coming to an end. "I think we're far enough away that those digimon won't find us."

"Sora were the four digimon that came to save us…our partners?" Izzy asked also sitting in the sand.

Sora nodded sadly. "Yes and now I'm worried they won't find us. In fact I'm so confused as it is. I mean I know the digimon knew who we were before we came to the digital world but…I don't know it feels like our digimon knew what was going on…"

"Was mine the little green one?" Mimi asked her eyes still shut as she was lying in the sand.

Sora smiled. "Yeah, and Izzy's was the flying bug and Tai's was the yellow dinosaur. Mine's Biyomon, the pink flying bird." She had been so happy to see Biyomon again, she just wished the digimon hadn't had to stay behind and hold off the Bakemon.

"I'm sure they'll find us." Mimi said with a sigh. "Every other monster seems to be able to…"

Sora laughed. "Very true. Hey if we're staying here I'm going to go get some sticks and stuff to start a fire." She looked over at the forests edge near the sandy beach. It was far from where they had come and she really didn't want to go back into it but Mimi was shivering next to her and they were soaked, there was no way they should be sleeping in the cold in wet clothes.