Chapter 9: A New Team of Four

green digimon was lying on the ground unconscious for the time being and the brown haired boy was holding the bat tightly looking ready to attack the moment he got up.

"W…we have to go before he wakes up." Sora said stuttering as she helped Mimi up to her feet. "You may have knocked him out but he's stronger than us."

"But he'll just come back…" Mimi whimpered. "What does he want with me? Gosh I liked it better when my biggest problem was a zit not a monster chasing me!"

"Okay Mimi we'll talk about this later, we really have to get out of here!" Sora told her urgently pulling her along. Mimi looked nervous but followed obediently.

"Where are we going?" Tai asked quickly following behind.

"Izzy Izumi's."

"Kari?"

The short haired brunette looked up at the longer haired purple girl standing in front of her. She was sitting at the park doing her homework. It was such a beautiful day she hadn't wanted to sit inside her apartment. The park was quiet as most younger kids were still in school, considering there's hadn't been vandalized. "Hello Yolie." Kari responded politely. "Did you decide to come to the park since they let us out of school, too?"

"Nah I'm on my lunch break. When my parents found out I was out of school they put me right to work at the convenience store. May I sit with you?" She asked.

"Sure" Kari said with a smile. She hadn't really known Yolie well or spoken to her at all until recently but she seemed like a really nice girl.

"So why would you use your day off to do homework?" Yolie asked taking her sandwich out of the plastic bag she had brought with her and taken a bite out of it.

Kari shrugged. "I had nothing else to do I guess."

"GET THE HELL OFF MY COURT!"

The girls jumped and turned to look in the direction the yelling came from. It was a male voice.

"Who was that?" Kari whispered.

"I don't know but he sounded mad. Let's go find out!" Yolie said jumping up.

"Yolie I'm not sure if that's a good…" Kari started but the girl had already grabbed her arm and dragged her over to the area of the basketball courts.

"I said get off my court!" A boy yelled. Kari recognized him from her school. He was a junior and big. He had dark black hair and muscles. He was like the incredible Hulk (*don't own him) without being green. And he was yelling at Tk.

He grabbed Tk by the shirt and started to pull him up against the basketball hoop's metal pole. Tk just kept his face steady and glare firm.

"Stop it!" Kari yelled immediately running over.

"Kari don't!" Yolie yelled but the girl didn't listen.

"Stop it you're going to hurt him!" Kari said once she reached them.

The boy looked at her and smirked. "Who's this? Your girlfriend?"