Fanfiction is gross and cringy

I ain't gonna start this off by apologizing for not updating for over a month. I'm not sorry, there's only so much of this headache-inducing landfill I can take before I need to leave for a bit.

I'm sure the title of this has you fanfic writers and "stans" ready to yeet me back into the depths of hell for saying such a thing. But before you try to do so, hear me out and read why fanfiction is problematic. I will touch on stans and fandoms as well, we're opening all doors for the "army" or as I like to call it, cult to come and attack me tonight bitch.

(Now no, I don't dislike ALL kpop fans, I'm talking about the more obsessed extreme ones who worship the ground kpop stars walk on and the ones who romanticize them. So if you're a kpop stan who's normal relax because I'm not talking about you.)

(Nor am I talking about fiction fanfiction. I have a few opinions on that too but if you want to write fanfiction of another story/game/movie or whatever, go for it.)

Fanfiction is popular because A) it's about popular people and B) Hollywood and friends has realized it's profitable and takes less effort to turn a shitty fanfic about a celebrity, change the names, and turn it into a bad, grueling 1-2 hour film.

But, I don't care if you make Jimin or whatever the fuck his name is fly on a giant rat through the galaxy on an adventure to find the perfect toilet paper or if you write a series better than Harry Potter, you can't argue that fanfiction isn't slightly creepy to write.

Fun fact: Fanfiction is actually illegal due to copyright infringement, trying to make money off of your fanfiction is making money off of the person you're writing about which could get you sued. Its why books like 50 Shades, AFTER, and so on had to change from fanfictions to original characters before they could be published.

bUt i WaNnA wRiTe aBoUt mY iDolS!!!! Yeah, but I'm sure your "idols" don't want you writing about them and shipping them together like the child smashing barbie dolls together and making kissy noises that you are.

Since it's two guys who aren't interested in each other at all that are usually shipped, all you're doing is fetishizing gay people in a way, you turn these two blokes into this cute little gay couple and write sex scenes or just romantic interaction with em' because it's your fantasy. That's weird, stop acting like a 14-year-old girl, ᵃˡᵗʰᵒᵘᵍʰ ᵃ ˡᵒᵗ ᵒᶠ ʸᵒᵘ ᵃʳᵉ, and grow up.

Do ya'll stop and think how awkward that has to be for your so-called idols to see people writing smut about them? How uncomfortable it is to read something about a sexual relationship between you and your bandmate?

Shit, wait I'm sorry, that was a dumb question of me to ask, cause more than half of the things I rant about and problems in the world could be solved if people just actually used their brains to think. ᴵ'ᵐ ᵃˡˢᵒ ᵇᵉᶦⁿᵍ ᵃ ʰʸᵖᵒᶜʳᶦᵗᵉ ᵇᵉᶜᵃᵘˢᵉ ᴵ ᶜˡᵉᵃʳˡʸ ᵈᶦᵈⁿ'ᵗ ᵗʰᶦⁿᵏ ᵃⁿᵈ ᵘˢᵉ ᵐʸ ᵒʷⁿ ᵇʳᵃᶦⁿ ᵇᵉᶠᵒʳᵉ ᵃˢᵏᶦⁿᵍ ᵗʰᵃᵗ

Use your brain for once in a while and think how weirded out you'd feel if someone wrote fanfiction about you, an uncomfortable thought eh?  ᴵ ᶜᵃⁿ'ᵗ ᶦᵐᵃᵍᶦⁿᵉ ʰᵒʷ ᴴᵃʳʳʸ ᶠᵉᵉˡˢ ᵒⁿ ᵗʰᵉ ᶦⁿˢᶦᵈᵉ ᵏⁿᵒʷᶦⁿᵍ ᴬᶠᵀᴱᴿ ʷᵃˢ ᵛᵒᵐᶦᵗᵉᵈ ᶦⁿᵗᵒ ᵉˣᶦˢᵗᵉⁿᶜᵉ ᵗʰʳᵒᵘᵍʰ ᵃ ᶠᵃⁿᶠᶦᶜ ᵃᵇᵒᵘᵗ ʰᶦᵐ

Even if the fanfic isn't a ship (because I know someone will come along and use the excuse that not all fanfiction is gross, and it's not all gross but you have to look at what fanfiction really is) it's still kinda creepy to write about this very real PERSON like a CHARACTER and put them in scenarios.

It's the same shit with fandoms, don't you think it's borderline stalkerish to obsess over someone and run a whole ass account fangirling over them? Again, imagine if someone did that to you, it could be flattering at first but it's still gonna feel a bit weird. Again, mostly talking about the more extreme obsessed ones who basically romanticize whomever they're obsessed with.

Not only that but it's toxic, it carries this cult mentality. Ya'll get defensive when someone disagrees with you on something regarding the person you're obsessed with, ya'll are so blinded by your obsession you can't see your "idol" doing anything wrong. When some drama happens with them? It was the other person's fault, *insert celebrity name* would never do something like that!!

Society forgets celebrities are real people with emotions too.

They are not characters you can use in your book and smoosh together like dolls. If these folks are truly your idols, I'd think you'd at least have enough respect for them to treat them like humans instead of dehumanizing them and writing creepy fantasies about them like they aren't living breathing beings. It's not showing your love for them, it's showing your fetish for them.

And then ya'll wonder why celebrities distance themselves from fans. Because the fans that obsess or "fans" that do shit like groping them when they get close to the crowd and touching them anywhere they can just to say they touched a celebrity are the ones that ruin things.

God, stop writing BTS and Harry Styles smut and write something less fetishizing yeah? Trust me, later on in life you'll cringe less when you look back on your days on Wattpad, so do yourselves a favor.

ᵗʰᵉ ˢᵃˡᵗ ᵗʰʳᵒʷᶦⁿ' ᵇᶦᵗᶜʰ ᶦˢ ᵇᵃᶜᵏ ᵃⁿᵈ ˢᵗᶦˡˡ ʲᵘˢᵗ ᵃˢ ˢᵃˡᵗᵉᵈ ᵘᵖ

Anyhoo, this is long overdue and will most care? Nah but fuck it. This book grew quickly in reads, it's been at a standstill considering I haven't updated in a while. But nonetheless, I'm impressed by how fast it's grown and how it surpassed my actual book in reads when I worked to promote that book and not this one.

So *insert a generic author's thank you here*, I cannot wait for the day snowflakes start reading this and I can have a giggle or two at their angry comments.

Time for me to fuck off again, although I do have some more topics to rant about so see ya whenever the hell I get those done.