☙ chapter seven.

Cree hummed quietly under her breath, her arched eyebrows were furrowed in concentration as the pencil she held tightly around her slender fingers, continued to deftly move across the page of her sketchbook. "Hey, I thought you were going down to the library today?" She hears Camryn inquisitively ask as she gaitered into the kitchen, fully dressed in her work uniform. She walked over to the refrigerator and opened it, pulling out the small pitcher of orange juice.

"I am a little later." Cree murmurs, insouciantly shrugging her shoulders, her attention still heeded attentively on the dexterous movements of her pencil. She flicked her gaze upward upon hearing a disapproving grunt emanate from Camryn's mouth. Cree rolled her eyes, sighing softly. "I'm gonna go, Cam. I promise. I don't know why you're pressing me about this, the teacher gave us a week to complete the project."

"I know that." Camryn laments, settling her half-empty cup of juice down onto the counter before folding her arms akimbo as she narrows an accusatory glare at her younger sister. "But you tend to procrastinate if I don't harass you into doing your school work. I don't need you falling behind, not during your freshman year." She adduced sternly.

Camryn glanced at the small watch that chaffed around her wrist, checking the time. She picked up her cup and quickly gulped down the remainder of the sweet nectar. "I have to go. Please, make sure you eat something before leave. I woke up late and didn't have time to make breakfast. I get off at 8 tonight. When I get back we could order in, have a girls night if you want."

        Camryn offered as she shuffled around the house, searching for her car keys while she shrugged her arms through the sleeves of her thin jacket. "Technically, every night is a girls night since it's just us two." Cree sarcastically quips, much to the amusement of her older sister who snarled a jestful pointed glare at her. Cree smirked, "But, yes I would love that. Aren't you going to be late? It's almost 8:30."

              "Yeah. I'm just searching for my keys," Camryn mutters, huffing out an annoyed gast of air while she continued her search. She sighed in relief once she found them, hidden between the cushions of the couch. "Alright, I'm leaving. Love you."

          "Love you, too." She said upon feeling her sister press a gentle kiss on top of her head. Cree assumed that her sister was about to leave just as she previously stated, but she could still feel her body hovering over her as she sat perched at the kitchen table. Cree glanced up, hastily shielding her sketchbook away from Camryn's view. "Hey!" She chided, not appreciating the fact that Camryn was peering over her shoulder and sneakily glancing at her private drawings.

          "Who is that?" Camryn asked, clearly not phased by her younger sisters offense. She squinted her eyes, trying to receive another view of the drawing so she could see if she recognized the young man but Cree tightly clutched the book to her chest and quickly stood to her feet.

           "I would appreciate it if you didn't snoop in my things." Cree said assertively, the tenor of her voice lacking any semblance of mirth. She bit on her lower lip, attempting to bite back the blush that she could feel rising in her cheeks.

       Camryn scoffed and raised her hands in defense. "Fine. I'll see you later." She said before finally departing from the house. Cree waited until she heard the front door close to open her sketchbook again. She flipped through the pages, turning back to the incomplete drawing that she was previously working on. She felt a smile tugging at the creases of her lips, her fingers softly trailed along the smooth page, tracing along the outlines of her drawing.