18} *laughs sinisterly*

Edited.

{Friday} 

WARNING: this chapter contains gruesome action and foul language

"What matters most is how well you walk through the fire."

~Charles Bukowski

{Sebastian}

I was the 1st person to get out of the Home Ec room, maybe a little too eager to get food. As I was about to walk into the cafeteria and come to an abrupt stop when I feel a tug on my arm. Whirling around I'm faced with a guilt ridden Mike. He looked upset but also anxious when our eyes met.

We haven't really talked since the party a few weeks back, it was horrible, I hated not being able to talk to him. It was a lot and I couldn't quite grasp it. I didn't mean to ignore him...actually, I don't think I did, I think he did. He probably didn't know how to face his best friend he forced a kiss on and make it out as if everything was okay. Which I could understand.

"Sebastian, I'm so sorry." He voices, regret and hurt rushing over his eyes. "I should have never forced myself on you."

The sincerity in his vocals struck something in me. I felt bad he felt that way. Not being able to say this just because he felt so ashamed, it was kind of upsetting.

I smile at him in reassurance, "It's okay." I say, accepting his apology. "Really. Don't worry about it." I tell him, confirming that I really was okay with forgiving him. He returns my comment with a sad smile and I feel my heart sink at that. "I mean," I start, seeing if what I was going to say would cheer him up even the slightest. "I'm not surprised you couldn't resist my charm." I explain feigning cockiness.

He quietly snorts at that and nods to himself in approval. I grin at the fact that it made light of the situation and also couldn't help but laugh along side him.

Everything almost felt the same during all of recess with Mike. He was himself, but obviously held back a bit from his roaming thoughts that didn't seem to die down anytime soon. And that was okay with me, I was just glad we got to talk again.

There was still 1 thing that played in the back of my mind. And that was: when are we going to talk about what actually happened and why?

~~~~~~~~~~

It was all so weird how Sam was nice to me, well, friendlier than she'll ever be to me. I might know the reason why- It's probably because of my whole dark side explanation we had the other day.

And now, every English lesson we talked; got told off for talking too much, not doing our work, or laughing too loud. It was like back then, and it was...nice.

I'm still confused on the whole Trent situation. I know he hates me, it's that obvious. But, every time I would ask what happened in the gym between them 2 that day, she would always avoid it. Sometimes she'd snap or get frustrated with me as well.

I stuffed my sports gear into my locker in the change rooms and, minding my own business, strolled on out of the room. I felt eyes on me, or some sort of presence near me, but I thought I was delusional and ignored it. Boy, was I wrong.

Mike had already left before me to go to the cafeteria, which he denied he would leave without me, but I persuaded him otherwise. So I was now on my way there.