28} confession time

{Saturday}

"He felt now that he was not simply close to her, but that he did not know where he ended and she began."

~Leo Tolstoy & Anna Karenina

{Sam}

I was outside his doorstep as my brain screamed at me to turn away, but my body just stayed glued to its spot.

"Knock on the damn door." I come out with, agitated at myself.

Inhaling a deep short breath, I find my fist at the door, finally knocking on it. Drawing my hand back I wait patiently and try not to overthink all of this.

The door pulls open and I'm greeted by both his parents. I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding in and give them a small smile.

"Oh! Sam, we didn't know you were coming. We were just about to head out to breakfast." Teresa explains fluently. "A date of course." She adds on giddily, making me and her husband smile.

Shit. "Sorry I didn't mean to intrude-" I start off.

"Don't be silly," she waves me off, "what did you come here for, love?" She asks warmly.

I glance at the both of them before speaking, "Is it okay if I talk to Sebastian?" I sweat, feeling a little on edge.

They look at each other in a knowing way but I couldn't make out what they were looking at each other knowingly about.

"Of course." Craig spoke up as he grabbed his car keys from his pockets. "Lock the door on your way out." He tells me as he sends a wink my way.

What?

"He's in his room," Teresa informed me as she stepped outside and gently pushed me inside.

What?

Confused, I turned around to see the 2 walking out towards the car, waving their goodbyes as I unconsciously did the same.

"Good luck, dear!" She hollows out as they both hopped into the car.

As they drove out the drive way I was left standing there puzzled and dumbfounded. Until I remembered where I was and quickly closed the door, locking it and whizzing around.

"Fuck," I stress out as the anxiety went to my chest and the nerves started dancing on my skin.

For a whole week we've stayed clear of each other, not saying a word and only making eye contact every now and then. Now I'm here, this is it and I can't believe I'm doing this.

My eyes trail down the dimly lit hall way and I force my feet to move towards his bedroom door. Raising my arm up I hesitate...oh for fuck sake, just do it. So I knock.

There's the sound of movement behind the door before he calls out, "Come in."

Scrunching up my brows I contemplate over this. Than shrug it off, he told me to come in, so I will. Turning the nob I open the door wide and stay rooted in my place. Or not.

It's no surprise he's shocked when he sees me near his door frame in his house. He quickly gets up from his bed and scrutinizes me, making me bite my gums.