Gaara stared into her eyes after having to laugh a few minutes due to what Chidori's parents have just saw. "Well that was a surprise for them, huh?"

"Yeah... it is." She giggled. "Even me!" She looked out the window before looking back at him. "It was a pleasant surprise to hear your words... Gaara."

He giggled. "An amazing surprise when you said it back." Gaara scratched his neck and looked deep in her beautiful eyes. "I love you, Chidori."

She giggled and blushed. "Gee! I'm not use to it! Its weird in a way!" She placed her hand in her chest as if she was about to get a heart attack as her face went red. She was fangirl-ing over him.

"In a pleasant way, I hope." He giggled. "Say it back." Gaara commanded playfully.

She giggled and placed her hands on his shoulders. "I love you, Gaara-kun." She said it in the sweetest way ever, making the man grow red.

"Oh gosh." He muttered. "You're right... Its weird."

"A good kind of weird." She hugged him tightly. "I love you with all my heart. With all my life. Gaara Sabaku, you have always been my favorite. The closest person to me... the only one that understood me. "

The people listening giggled, well except for one. He turned around and started walking away.

"Well isn't someone jealous?" Ki laughed.

"But I don't get it though." Naruto stopped for a moment. "Didn't Chidori chan like... have a really big crush on Lee?"

"What do you mean?" Ki questioned.

"Yeah... I kinda get what Naruto's saying," Sakura nodded, "She use to get really really red when Lee comes into sight. He was her favorite person before... what's with the sudden change. I get a year has past... but she hasn't seen either of them since then...."

They stood in silence as that did get them to wonder.

[•••]

It was a cold autumn day and Chidori had decided to go home. It had been half a few months after she had woken up in the new Kurayamigakure and she had decided to go and declare to everyone that she was not dead.

She planned on surprising everyone. By going to the Hokage first then letting them announce her arrival.

She heard footsteps coming as she neared the entrance. She quickly hid as she wanted to stay true to her hopes in surprising everyone... especially Lee.

She had hopes in surprising him with a kiss. As she had just realized that she couldn't just wait. In the way they lived, they could die in any day and she wanted to make a move. To finally be his.

She hid behind a big tree and in the shadows as the man she was thinking off was walking with TenTen.

"Its a nice day isn't it?" Tenten smiled and hugged Lee. "I actually wished Chidori was here... she'd be so happy and sweet and playful..."

Chidori smiled at TenTen's words. She missed them all and couldn't wait to give them a surprise once she had talked to the Hokage.

"Yeah... I miss her." Lee sighed. He looked up at the sky before turning to TenTen. "But if she was here... I wouldn't have seen you." He said.

It made Chidori looked at them more closely. What? She examined how close they were as they walked.

"You know...." Lee said softly as he stopped and looked at TenTen. "I wouldn't have fallen in love with you... I wouldn't have had a chance to get to know you."

"Lee." Tenten giggled. "It sounds mean... I love Chidori like a sister... You know what I said back then was just to get you to work right?... don't keep saying it... it doesn't seem right." Tenten sighed. She placed a hand on his shoulders as Lee only shook his head a smiled as her worried ones.

"Don't be so guilty about it. I know you said that to make me feel better and... well I can't agree enough. " Lee held her close tightly as he looked into her eyes. "Chidori was a sweet girl... a nice one too... but if she hadn't... you know... I wouldn'r have gotten close to you. If Chidori was still here with us... I might have just been blindly trying to follow her. Too blind to notice the people around me..." he came close to kissing TenTen. "In other words... Chidori's death was both bad and good to me."

Chidori feel to the ground and quietly sobbed. She had her hands to her face and made her best efforts to stay quiet despite the never ending tears.

And here I thought I would be welcomed home.

She stood up and walked deeper into the woods. She was heading back to the village that actually wanted her. That actually loved her.

Here I though that you'd wait... that you'd actually stay true to your word.

It was that day that she decided to stay in their hidden village. Well, she planned on coming back when she felt like it. When she was ready to face them. To face lee.

Helloooo my Ninjas!! How are you? Cause I'm currently dying due to finals!

I just wanted to give an update after my love absence! So I hope you enjoyed this chapter!

I'd also want to thank you for still patiently waiting for an update even with the love wait!

Thank you so much and see you on the next chapter!!!