Chapter 46 (Halloween Filler)

The Grand Line has always been a place full of mystery and terror. No one knows if the next island a pirate visits will be their last. The Straw Hats have surely learned that throughout their adventures on this treacherous sea.

However, there is one adventure that not a single member of the crew could've seen coming.

It was a cool autumn morning on the open waters where the Going Merry has been sailing freely. With the crew fully recovered from their adventure in Navarone's base, the Straw Hats are more than eager to reach the next island.

The same goes for the wind girl, who's relaxing on the crow's nest with the guitar on her lap. With the date with her captain last night still fresh in her mind, she's trying her best to avoid any questions from any of her nosy crew mates.

However, there's another reason for her to stay away from everyone. Whenever she saw her captain today, she couldn't stop feeling her heart fluttering, because the picture of Luffy trying to kiss her keeps coming back to her. It's gotten so bad, that she even dreamt of Luffy succeeding in the kiss last night.

She groans at the memory as she pinches the bridge of her nose to try to calm down. She can't let this bother her all day, so instead she focuses back on her guitar rehearsal.

Since it's been chilly all day, she decides to let herself fall into the Halloween spirit by playing the chords of "Come Little Children" from Hocus Pocus.

Come little children~

I'll take thee away~

Into a land of enchantment~

Come little children~

The time's come to play~

Here in my garden of shadows~

As the alluring melody plays on, a calming cool wind flows off her from how relaxed she is. She doesn't realize the mood breeze is working, but she wouldn't care otherwise as she continues on with the song.

Follow sweet children~

I'll show thee the way~

Through all the pain~

And the sorrows~

Weep not poor children~

For life is this way~

Murdering beauty and passions~

Usopp slightly shivers from the ominous tune, that's picked up through the wind, on his seat on the railing where he's fishing with Chopper and Luffy. Thankfully, he could barely hear the lyrics from the distance, so he's not completely creeped out by the Halloween song. "What kind of a song is she playing?"

"I don't know, but it sounds nice." Chopper says because he enjoys the strange song while staring at the water for his next catch.

Luffy though, is the most entranced by the song, because he can pick up the lyrics as well as the guitar chords. Thanks to him being able to hear the full extent of the song, he can feel his heart fluttering all over the place.

He always feels like this when Rose performs, but for some reason it's stronger than ever. Probably because he keeps thinking about last night's date, and the kiss she gave him.

Even though it was just on the cheek, he couldn't stop himself from feeling like fireworks exploded in his stomach from the contact. He barely understands what's going on, but right now, all he wants to do is enjoy the music.