Chapter 41 (Filler)

With the days following the Straw Hats' invasion upon Navarone, the base has been able to recover smoothly.

Thankfully, Shepherd's men were able to take him out of the base before he could recover from Jessica's fierce punch, so he didn't get in the way of their recovery. With the base safe from being shut down, the soldiers' spirits are higher than ever.

All that's been spoken in the first two days of their recovery was their experience with the infamous pirate crew.

Today however, they're trying to tone it down as much as possible due to the sight of Vice Admiral Garp's ship arriving at their base.

When the boat reaches the docks, Vice Admiral Garp is greeted by a small squadron of marines saluting him with Vice Admiral Jonathan in the center.

The older marine gives off a large smile under his dog mask as he eagerly walks off the ship to greet his friend. "It's been a while Jonathan."

Jonathan chuckles at his enthusiasm. "It really has been. Come with me, we have a lot to catch up on."

Garp nods to him before he looks behind him to see his two proteges coming off the ship. "Coby, Helmeppo, you two can explore the base."

Coby brightens up at the chance to see what the stronghold has to offer, and salutes him before he goes over with his comrade reluctantly following him.

Garp chuckles at his student's enthusiasm before he follows Jonathan away from the docks to head to his office. While walking through the halls, the guest looks around some of the open doors to see a few broken windows, and equipment damaged. "Something happen to the base?"

"The Straw Hats came by."

The old man widens his eyes at the news that his grandson was here. "Luffy came here? How did he pull that off?"

"They fell from the sky." Jonathan answers calmly as if he didn't sound crazy.

Garp sure didn't think it was insane, but still laughs at the crazy explanation, because he's proud of the crazy feat. "Just what I'd expect from him! What kind of damage did he cause?!"

Jonathan looks back at him with an easygoing grin. "More damage was caused by Inspector Shepherd than him."

Garp scoffs at the name of the incompetent man. "I've heard of him. Don't know how that worm got his position."

"You're guess is as good as mine." The base's commander says when they reach his office and opens the door for his guest.

When Garp goes through, he follows him inside while he closes the door behind him. "Make yourself at home."

The old man didn't need to be told that, because he's already relaxing on the couch, that's placed across from Jonathan's desk, while he takes off his mask. He also takes off the smile, so his face doesn't show his normal childish facade, but that of a Vice Admiral on duty, because Jonathan never asks him to visit unless it's something urgent. "What did my grandson do?"

Jonathan loses his grin at the request, but he knows that it's time to get to business. "It's not Straw Hat himself that did something, but one of his crew members. Are you familiar with Wind Rider Rose?"

Garp thinks for a minute before he lightly laughs. "She's the girl that pulled one over on Smoker in Alabasta, right?"

Jonathan chuckles with him before he continues the story. "That's the one, during their visit, we discovered a few things about her."

He opens a drawer to take out Rose's wanted poster, and Lily's cadet photo, then shows them to him. "First off, we have a cadet here who shares the same face as her, with only a few differences in their features."